So I thought a little about multiplayer...

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
EpicSpellsword404

Re: So I thought a little about multiplayer...

Post by EpicSpellsword404 »

Stupidly unbalanced spell slinging fun
My body is ready.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Interkarma wrote:I can also imagine capture the flag in Privateer's Hold. Red flag in starting cave, Blue flag in exit room. The throne room is a natural choke point for both sides. And no monsters, just lots of stupidly unbalanced spell-slinging fun. :D
I've had a pvp game bouncing around in my head for a while now...kind of a Daggerfall meets Aliens V. Predator. It would use Daggerfall dungeons / towns for maps, and be humans against werewolves (or werewolf). The werewolves would get fast movement, climbing, and a horizontal jump attack attack. Could even do something cool like give werewolves a vision mode that allows them to see players' recent foot prints.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote:
Interkarma wrote:I can also imagine capture the flag in Privateer's Hold. Red flag in starting cave, Blue flag in exit room. The throne room is a natural choke point for both sides. And no monsters, just lots of stupidly unbalanced spell-slinging fun. :D
I've had a pvp game bouncing around in my head for a while now...kind of a Daggerfall meets Aliens V. Predator. It would use Daggerfall dungeons / towns for maps, and be humans against werewolves (or werewolf). The werewolves would get fast movement, climbing, and a horizontal jump attack attack. Could even do something cool like give werewolves a vision mode that allows them to see players' recent foot prints.
I would play that! :D

EpicSpellsword404

Post by EpicSpellsword404 »

But what do the humans get?

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

EpicSpellsword404 wrote:But what do the humans get?
So I think I would handle humans either with a class system or weapon / armor / power drops. A simple class system for the lycanthropes would be a possibility as well.

Class choice would change weapon selections, max health, armor (would work like in Quake / Doom etc), magicka, movement speed, spells etc. So there would be a mix of classes based on daggerfall classes giving different strengths / weaknesses & abilities.

The drops are pretty self explanatory. Everyone would start off with the same amount of health, armor and the same weapon (probably a dagger or a short sword), and could discover more throughout the level.

I have 2 game modes in mind - a team PVP, and a hunter / hunted mode were each round 1 player is the werewolf and they have to hunt the humans players down. The random drops would work better in the hunter / hunted mode than team PVP.

TrevTheDev

Post by TrevTheDev »

I'm actually working on a multiplayer mod at the very moment! :D
The mod isn't a deathmatch or CTF though. It's dungeon crawling with friends. Once spells are added, I want to create a projectile spell that can heal your teammates and such :) . While attacking friends is possible, it's not the primary goal. :D Maybe I can work with one of the other wonderful developers here and add in a DM/CTF mode :D.

Lingering_Trees_Gabe

Post by Lingering_Trees_Gabe »

TrevTheDev wrote:I'm actually working on a multiplayer mod at the very moment! :D
The mod isn't a deathmatch or CTF though. It's dungeon crawling with friends. Once spells are added, I want to create a projectile spell that can heal your teammates and such :) . While attacking friends is possible, it's not the primary goal. :D Maybe I can work with one of the other wonderful developers here and add in a DM/CTF mode :D.
Ya know what, this may be what I need to get a friend of mine to play the game! Do you have any working test builds or videos on it? I would very much enjoy seeing this come to life!

tyhender

Post by tyhender »

If Daggerfall would have Multiplayer, It should be MMO.
Sleeping can just be done via leaving game(like in games like Ark:Survival Evolved) . And stamina should just be regenerating pretty fast without resting. And no fast travel. At all. =)

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

Interkarma wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:43 pm I can also imagine capture the flag in Privateer's Hold. Red flag in starting cave, Blue flag in exit room. The throne room is a natural choke point for both sides. And no monsters, just lots of stupidly unbalanced spell-slinging fun. :D
Maybe put like a crossed swords icon on the travel map, and it will open up a menu of "dungeons" (servers) to travel to, that people are hosting. Maybe use something like this viewtopic.php?f=14&t=78 to generate 2 interior block dungeons. Each team would start at an "exit door" in each block, and that teams flag would be at a quest location in that block. That way, it's like a dungeon crawl, but with teams!

With this idea, it can use the charecter's save that you "fast traveled" to the multiplayer area to be used in the battle, so you can use your single player stats in multiplayer.
(This has been done in neverwinter nights, where you can take your charecter from a player made module, to the main campain, to a multiplayer arena, then to an expansion!)

Just like that example, you can give the option for players to set a min and max level for each server. That way, you don't have someone in daedric armor fighting against someone with leather armor.

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar »

TrevTheDev wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:10 am I'm actually working on a multiplayer mod at the very moment! :D
Well why limit to a projectile spell? I could see the different types from touch to area around caster to Area of Effect casts all being used depending on the situation. No idea how many friends you have planned to be able to play together but even if it is only two people I could see a place for all the different cast types to be used. I don't even think it would be to hard you would just have to invert the damage done to be a positive number instead of a negative. If you could get that to work it would open up the possibility of healing spells damaging undead and vampire monsters. Just thoughts which are always easy to spew out but not always so easy to implement. Anyway good luck to all who are developing in this path, the desire for multi-play seems to have continuously cropped up through out Daggerfall's development and game existence.