3rd-person camera?

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Narf the Mouse

3rd-person camera?

Postby Narf the Mouse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:04 am

Given that there's a 2D sprite for your character, it should be possible to take (standing-only, obviously) pictures of your character in-game.

"And this is me meeting Queen Barenzaih. Note my full suit of Elven plate...I'm thinking of enchanting it..." Heh.

Fake edit: Oh, and something something 3rd-person camera, although I wouldn't want to "walk" around in it just yet. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.
Interkarma

Re: 3rd-person camera?

Postby Interkarma » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:11 am

Haha I love the idea of it! :D Like a selfie-stick that stamps your 2D paper doll down in the world next to whatever you're taking a picture of.

That's hilariously cool enough to be an interesting mod.
Narf the Mouse

Postby Narf the Mouse » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:52 am

Interkarma wrote:Haha I love the idea of it! :D Like a selfie-stick that stamps your 2D paper doll down in the world next to whatever you're taking a picture of.

That's hilariously cool enough to be an interesting mod.

Yeah, basically. :)

If I thought I knew enough about the code and had enough time... ;) As it is, the NaturalStats code has been sitting on my hard drive for months, untouched until today. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.
Blue Footed Booby

Postby Blue Footed Booby » Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:33 pm

Y'know, this would be a pretty handy thing to include in the screenshots for saves. What my character is wearing and wielding often tells me a lot more about the point where I saved the game than a view of a generic shop interior or expanse of lumpy wasteland.
Narf the Mouse

Postby Narf the Mouse » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:11 pm

Blue Footed Booby wrote:Y'know, this would be a pretty handy thing to include in the screenshots for saves. What my character is wearing and wielding often tells me a lot more about the point where I saved the game than a view of a generic shop interior or expanse of lumpy wasteland.

"0136: Got kill tiger quest" is how I solve that. ;)

Return to “Mods & Features General”