Spears

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Biboran

Spears

Post by Biboran »

It is possible to add spears and crossbows? Or some othes new types of weapons that they can be used by player, NPC and be in stores?

And about some missing features, like Ghost Form spell. It can be add in major release or only in modification?

Interkarma

Re: Spears

Post by Interkarma »

It would be possible to do this by adding a new item template, new bitmaps, and coding new weapon behavior. At this time, ranged weapons like bows don't have code support (just melee so far). When loot tables are implemented, it will also be required to insert new items like these into the tables.

If this is something the community would like add down the track, and would be willing to draw all the weapon bitmaps and animations, I'd be happy to add spears and crossbows into Daggerfall Unity. It would have to be down the road, though. My first priority is a working game. :)

Nystul

Re: Spears

Post by Nystul »

x-bows and spears sound like a good addition - but I agree - we need to have a working game first