There Are Enemies Nearby mod suggestion

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
alphaTECH

Re: There Are Enemies Nearby mod suggestion

Post by alphaTECH »

I like the idea of safe spots in dungeons, they could be marked simply with useable beds like in later ES games.

The rest mechanic always seemed like a bit of a cop out, I'd rather require rest in set intervals (plus or minus some hours depending on the physical activity you've done) and reliance on spells, items, and/or world objects for healing.

A nice healing fountain centrally located in a dungeon would make the game flow better.

BansheeXYZ

Post by BansheeXYZ »

jedidia wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 3:14 pmThat would make dungeons suicide for low-level characters, though. Not to mention that it would make it almost impossible to get out of privateers hold for people that don't know the layout already.
You'd obviously want to give new characters a few starter potions and bandages, or a healing spell if they're a mage class. You'd also change loot tables so that humanoid enemies drop more healing items, and stock healing items at shops. It's pretty easy to run past enemies and avoid combat, I'd hardly say it's impossible to find the exit through avoidance if your char is shyte. People do that as it is after engaging imps, dying, and then not doing it.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

So my 1 cent per idea ideas on this are:
  • Make dungeons higher-level content. The idea of diving into a deadly hole full of horrific monsters is not for level 1's. As part of this, dungeons would have monsters 2-3 levels below your level (minimum 1), so that your level... 3? character can actually survive their first dungeon. This seems like the easiest solution.
  • Add the ability to hire followers. It is a consistent weirdness in the Elder Scrolls series that you can't hire the Fighter's Guild, yourself.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

pango

Post by pango »

Since 0.10.14 we know that "they are enemies nearby" does not only mean that you spotted enemies, but also that enemies spotted you; So the original mod idea may have to be adjusted for that...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

There was a change to this function right? The problem has been a lot less aggrevating lately.

pango

Post by pango »

Yes, the main reason for the mod is also more-or-less gone since 0.10.14.
So an option is indeed to forget about that mod altogether (even if I like some of the ideas of this thread)...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

It's funny you mention "safe-spots" because I think there were places like that in Arena dungeons, if i'm not mistaken. At least in the starter dungeon, there were narrow spots that you could crouch into and use that a place to rest, i'm not sure if those were they only places you could rest though.