Sky Ui for Daggerfall.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Gavhwalsh

Sky Ui for Daggerfall.

Post by Gavhwalsh »

I am new around here but I was wondering if I could take the resources from skyrims sky ui and port them into Daggerfall with the end goal being a controller friendly ui, I would assume it would be just texture replacement.

Interkarma

Re: Sky Ui for Daggerfall.

Post by Interkarma »

Hey Gavhwalsh, welcome to the forums. :)

The Daggerfall UI was never designed with anything but itself in mind, not even a higher resolution version of itself. All UI screens (even some text and images) are just welded together into a single 320x200 image. There's none of the modular design that makes modern UIs so flexible.

It's certainly possible to update the UI to something higher resolution and more modern, but there's more to it than just texture replacement. The whole UI would need to be shifted to another framework and redesigned from the ground up - textures, code, and all. It's a big job, something best left for when the core gameplay is a bit closer to completion.

Gavhwalsh

Re: Sky Ui for Daggerfall.

Post by Gavhwalsh »

Okay thank you for letting me know I am just starting out modding daggerfalll cant wait to see more developments :lol: