Mods for rebalancing the weapon types?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Hazelnut

Re: Mods for rebalancing the weapon types?

Post by Hazelnut »

Just so you know, weapons take different times to equip - so that's already implemented, has been forever. It is independent of char speed stat though.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:40 pm Just so you know, weapons take different times to equip - so that's already implemented, has been forever. It is independent of char speed stat though.
Huh, did not know that. I guess it's because mentally I'm either:

Not in combat: don't care about equip speed.
or
In combat: it's taking FOREVER!!! :D

Dubiousintent

Post by Dubiousintent »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 7:40 pm It is independent of char speed stat though.
What?! :o Independent of character speed? So my "lightning quick reflexive draw" is just as slow as "might as well be stone" with the same weapon? No wonder switching from bow to sword takes forever.

"Modder! Over here, stat. Code blue!"

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

hey, just because you have lightning fast reflexes and move like a panther doesn't mean you can find stuff in your bag any quicker, ok? :lol:
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

*Sticks head in bag*

I know I put that claymore somewhere in here...