New faces for character creation/new writing

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
legion

New faces for character creation/new writing

Post by legion »

Is anyone working on this? We could use a lot of new faces for the different races to choose during character creation.

Also, I think DFU would really benefit from new quest chains, so we are not endlessly going on dungeon romps to find the orc warlord or whatnot.

There is so much room in the continent to introduce new, unique content amongst the procedurally-generated randomness.
A well-written story, with separate good/evil/neutral paths could really ramp up the immersion in this game. I am willing to do the writing for this if someone wants to collaborate and take care of the programming (where I am clueless).

Jay_H

Re: New faces for character creation/new writing

Post by Jay_H »

I moved this to Mods & Features General, since Modder Discussion tends to deal more with specific questions about how to mod things.
Also, I think DFU would really benefit from new quest chains, so we are not endlessly going on dungeon romps to find the orc warlord or whatnot.

There is so much room in the continent to introduce new, unique content amongst the procedurally-generated randomness.
A well-written story, with separate good/evil/neutral paths could really ramp up the immersion in this game. I am willing to do the writing for this if someone wants to collaborate and take care of the programming (where I am clueless).
In my case, writing is easily 80% or more of the work of writing a quest. If you want to write the dialogue, that's much of the hard stuff done -- someone like me or Herman2000 could easily connect the mechanics (assuming they're things possible in the quest engine).