Main quest stuff (endings) mods?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Guy_Duderson

Main quest stuff (endings) mods?

Post by Guy_Duderson »

I tried doing a search to see if there's already I topic like this, and didn't find anything. Would it at all be possible to mess with the main questline's storyline/endings at all? What would be especially crazy and interesting is if there could be modded into the game a specific series of steps or decisions that could lead to actually getting 'the warp in the west' as the ending in your game. I somehow doubt if it's possible, but it would blow my mind if it could be done.

herman2000

Re: Main quest stuff (endings) mods?

Post by herman2000 »

It's theoretically possibly to alter the main quest - it's available in plain-text format in the "StreamingAssets/Quests" folder of your game (any file starting with S00….txt, plus _BRISIEN). You can't, at present, actually alter the political landscape of the game in any sensible way, though, as far as I am aware.

Ah_Ftagn

Re: Main quest stuff (endings) mods?

Post by Ah_Ftagn »

Actually, using a "X Time Later" cutscene showing the warp in the west occurring regardless of what ending you got would make the most logical sense in integrating it.

The character experienced ONE of the series of events that was integrated into the warp in the west, not all of them. That means it happening would be just as much a shock to them.

Presumably the others were just alternate timeline versions of the same character, but the character themselves would only remember the stuff they actually DID. Any other memories would be ones that the character in question would find alien and abnormal, or possibly even suppress because they outright do not understand them or where they came from (You try to understand and remember 5 possible, vastly different versions of a past moment happening at once, perceived as if by five of yourself like some kind of multithreaded, multi-body consiousness! You'll just give yourself a headache trying to fit all that together at the same time).