[Feature Request] Excluding children NPCs as Questors.

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Re: [Feature Request] Excluding children NPCs as Questors.

Post by Ralzar »

I don't think I've ever gotten a quest form a child that didn't make me go "Wat...?"

They need me to rescue their children, clear out their houses, handle business associates, challenge me to duels...

I welcome not getting quests from them until it's possible to apply some kind of logic to what kind of quests they offer.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Post by UnopenedCanofSpoopy »

Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 pm They need me to rescue their children
Marriage between an older figure and younger people was actually fairly common until recent times. Marriage between a pre-teen/teenage age boy and an older women would have been far less common to the point it was non-existent outside of upper class/royalty marriages I guess, but it's not like there aren't women that exist even today whose interests aren't a little bit...taboo.
Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 pm clear out their houses
The parents are out of town/out of business, or are dead, and needs someone to clean up their mess while their working at the inn or whatever.
Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 pm handle business associates
If you're a kid living in the medieval age, it would be very common to engage in business either on behalf of your teacher/master, or perhaps as schooling of some sort.
Ralzar wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 2:28 pm challenge me to duels...
Are you telling me when you were around pre-teen/teenage age, and got really pissed off at an adult, you didn't consider getting a little rough? Imagine being a kid in a medieval setting and that mood set with very easy access to arms of any size, length and weight, and growing up with questionable morals from working all day in seedy areas or having no parents.

If anything it should be made a toggle in the menu (I think I saw someone mentioning that in a previous post, sorry that I don't remember you whoever did). Allow children to give quests? Y/N or something to that effect.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Good to hear this has been solved. Thanks Interkarma! It had to have been a major oversight on the part of the original DF developers. Looking forward to the next version of DFU.
--
But this topic is getting creepy, disturbing and borderline disgusting IMO. I strongly disagree with the idea of very young children out doing very adult things, particularly in my games. When speaking of Adult Sex mods and such, there shouldn't be a question of whether or not to exclude Children from them. I refuse to have anything in my games that allow these kind of interactions with children. Whether it's in a game or other media, simulating sex with anyone other than Adult Humans is wrong and disgusting. This kind of stuff is banned everywhere on the internet because it's wrong. It's not at all "charming." I'm surprised that it's even a discussion.

Some people are far too obsessed with "Realism."

I certainly hope Interkarma stays with his current plans of excluding all child npcs from Adult quests.

Edit:If people want these kind of interactions with children, they should make their own mods for that (and watch them get banned).

Please leave this crap out of default DFU!

Edit2:
UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:43 pm
Marriage between an older figure and younger people was actually fairly common until recent times. Marriage between a pre-teen/teenage age boy and an older women would have been far less common to the point it was non-existent outside of upper class/royalty marriages I guess, but it's not like there aren't women that exist even today whose interests aren't a little bit...taboo.
Seriously?? Using history as a justification for something that is very wrong? Hmm...

I'm curious about some of the "Taboo Interests" of some of the people on this forum. I've never seen discussions like this on any other Elder Scrolls forum, Ever.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:09 pm Good to hear this has been solved. Thanks Interkarma! It had to have been a major oversight on the part of the original DF developers. Looking forward to the next version of DFU.
--
But this topic is getting creepy, disturbing and borderline disgusting IMO. I strongly disagree with the idea of very young children out doing very adult things, particularly in my games. When speaking of Adult Sex mods and such, there shouldn't be a question of whether or not to exclude Children from them. I refuse to have anything in my games that allow these kind of interactions with children. Whether it's in a game or other media, simulating sex with anyone other than Adult Humans is wrong and disgusting. This kind of stuff is banned everywhere on the internet because it's wrong. It's not at all "charming." I'm surprised that it's even a discussion.

Some people are far too obsessed with "Realism."

I certainly hope Interkarma stays with his current plans of excluding all child npcs from Adult quests.

Edit:If people want these kind of interactions with children, they should make their own mods for that (and watch them get banned).

Please leave this crap out of default DFU!

Edit2:
UnopenedCanofSpoopy wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 3:43 pm
Seriously?? Using history as a justification for something that is very wrong? Hmm...

I'm curious about some of the "Taboo Interests" of some of the people on this forum. I've never seen discussions like this on any other Elder Scrolls forum, Ever.
I wasn't justifying anything, I was explaining why removing a part of the game because "it's inaccurate" or "doesn't make sense" would be incorrect, when looking at it from a historical perspective. Irregardless of that, there's also the fact that you're removing gameplay because you don't think it belongs. I get people have personal preferences, hence why I was suggesting a menu toggle instead of outright removing it.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

There's no way to prevent a mod pack like harbinger's from placing prostitution mods on children unless children are removed from the questing pool, and there's no way children will be allowed to be questors from now on. There will be no alternative answer, I promise you ;)

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm There's no way to prevent a mod pack like harbinger's from placing prostitution mods on children unless children are removed from the questing pool, and there's no way children will be allowed to be questors from now on. There will be no alternative answer, I promise you ;)
Okay, a mod shouldn't be affecting the development of the game. And really, you should be allowing the end user as much freedom as possible - enforcing gameplay or lack thereof due to a singular mod isn't exactly doing so. Many people such as myself, want to be able to have as much of a vanilla Daggerfall experience as possible - just with higher resolution textures and a few mods to add extra content.
There really is no reason why not to make it toggable, and I don't see how that would be any harder to do or more work then snipping out a part of the game for someone else's personal preferences.
Unless harbinger is part of the dev team, or financially supporting the project somehow, I don't see why you're bending over backwards for him instead of allowing greater freedom for people. I don't understand why it seems like your giving preferential treatment to someone who if I may be so blunt, doesn't exactly appear to be involved in your project in any manner and has only released a mod for it. Not to pry, but are you acquainted with each other? That I could understand too. :?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I will merely repeat what I said on page 1:
Taking all realism into account, this kind of content is ultra-mega-banned from any gaming that sees sunlight. There are no mods that sexualize children in TES1-5 for this precise reason -- not because it isn't possible or easy, but because IRL legal systems would rain hellfire on anyone who tries it.
There is nothing else that can be said on this topic.

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:03 pm There's no way to prevent a mod pack like harbinger's from placing prostitution mods on children unless children are removed from the questing pool, and there's no way children will be allowed to be questors from now on. There will be no alternative answer, I promise you ;)
YES!! Thank You Jay_H for confirming this! I was ready to message Interkarma a few questions about this.
--
OMG!! If people want their damn 100% vanilla experience, they should play the original vanilla Daggerfall in DOS! https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files It has all the original quirks and bugs we all...miss? ;)
I even do this sometimes, because it's fun to look back at the original from time to time.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy - Lol. I'm seriously questioning your motives, wondering if you are simply just wanting a "more vanilla experience" or something more 'Taboo.' :o :shock:

Simulated Sex with Children or the potential of this act does not belong in any game or other media, even if it's "Realistic" or "Historical" or appeals to someone's 'Roleplay Fetishes.' It's gross and unacceptable, and a freedom no game player should be allowed to have.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Jay_H wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:19 pm I will merely repeat what I said on page 1:
Taking all realism into account, this kind of content is ultra-mega-banned from any gaming that sees sunlight. There are no mods that sexualize children in TES1-5 for this precise reason -- not because it isn't possible or easy, but because IRL legal systems would rain hellfire on anyone who tries it.
There is nothing else that can be said on this topic.
So my experience of playing the game is going to be affected because of a mod someone else made that I would never use because it allows a person to proposition children. Okay. :roll: People should be questioning why this mod was released in the first place if that's their real concern here. And because one eye roll isn't enough.. :roll:

UnopenedCanofSpoopy

Lokkrin Zhataros wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:31 pm
YES!! Thank You Jay_H for confirming this! I was ready to message Interkarma a few questions about this.
--
OMG!! If people want their damn 100% vanilla experience, they should play the original vanilla Daggerfall in DOS! https://en.m.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Files It has all the original quirks and bugs we all...miss? ;)
I even do this sometimes, because it's fun to look back at the original from time to time.

UnopenedCanofSpoopy - Lol. I'm seriously questioning your motives, wondering if you are simply just wanting a "more vanilla experience" or something more 'Taboo.' :o :shock:

Simulated Sex with Children or the potential of this act does not belong in any game or other media, even if it's "Realistic" or "Historical" or appeals to someone's 'Roleplay Fetishes.' It's gross and unacceptable, and a freedom no game player should be allowed to have.
I never said I would want that any game I play. If you really want to know, my fetishes include breast expansion, lactation, pregnancy. If you notice "loli" "shota" or "pedophilia" aren't exactly mentioned there. :lol: Like I already said to Jay, I don't use Harbingers mod - in fact, I have my own prostitution mod (which doesn't reference or affect children characters in any manner). I looked at the Nexus, and Harbinger's mod isn't even available there anymore, and I'm assuming it's not on this site anymore either (unless it is...which then starts to bring up questions about motives about people who seem to be pretty defensive about things right now...). That would make it a little bit hard to use his mod and harm the poor virtual children, now wouldn't it?