Summoning Spells?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Baler

Summoning Spells?

Post by Baler »

With the new companion/merc mods... I was wondering if anyone has taken a look at summoning spells such as skeletons/zombies or animal companion.

l3lessed

Re: Summoning Spells?

Post by l3lessed »

If you can make these creatures/enemies friendly to you and mark everything else, outside quest enemies, as enemies, yes.

Just activate the same script from those mods that calls the companions and change the location to the players location with a minor offset. You would need to just reference the player object, grab his vector3 position in the world, and offset it some then assign it to the script vector3 coordinates for summoning said creature.

As long as the enemy/summoned entity doesn't detect you as an enemy, and every thing else as an enemy, it should wonder around and start killing anything in the area for you.

I don't know what limits there are on messing with enemy AI. so I don't know how or if you can register yourself as a friendly and everyone else bad with summoned enemy entities, like skeletons and so on.

This would be an amazing addition though for mages who want to go more down the necromancy RP builds.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

imsobadatnicknames

Re: Summoning Spells?

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

It's probably doable by using the infighting "teams" system.
The way my companion/mercenaries mods work is by spawning the enemies, enabling their infighting, and assigning them to team 1, which is the player's team. This has the effect of making them hostile towards everything except for the player and any other cretures assigned to team 1.
While I do this through the quest system, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be too hard for someone more experienced than me to create a spell that does the same through a script.
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0