[mod idea] faster horses

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
siteseer

[mod idea] faster horses

Post by siteseer »

it shouldn't be hard to mod, but i'd really like a mod to make horses move faster. same as running while on foot, press the same button while on a horse and make it gallop. jumping distance, turn speed, synchronized sound, endurance, cart pulling differential, etc. doesn't matter to me, i'd just like a faster way to move around in cities and we have this horse that can't run!?

edit: (viewtopic.php?t=842) we've had this idea before but it apparently went nowhere. also if no one steps up, i won't mind taking a go at modding it myself, any modders here that can give me some ideas of where to start? previous thread mentioned playermotor, mod-hooks, etc. but that was 2 years ago, any movement in that area?

Ralzar

Re: [mod idea] faster horses

Post by Ralzar »

What about Roleply&Realisms gallopp mechanic? Add Realistic Wagon for forced wagon driving.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Lokkrin Zhataros

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

Edit: Haha, Ralzar you beat me to it! :D well here's what I wrote anyway...

Horse running already exists in the Roleplay & Realism mod. Look at the 'Enhanced Horseriding' section.

It does take a more realistic approach adding a nice challenge and penalty to horse riding and galloping. Civilian NPCs in town can be trampled and killed when galloping, resulting in you committing murder amd being chased by guards.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2298

siteseer

Post by siteseer »

ok whew, didn't know about the roleplay & realism mod. will check it out. thanks for the heads up.