[Mod request] XP system

Talk about the mods or features you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Kzer-Za

[Mod request] XP system

Post by Kzer-Za »

Does anyone else beside me appreciate mods like OblivionXP or Skyrim Experience? For me the way the character progression is implemented in the TES series is actually the worst part of their gameplay, and the aforementioned mods are godsent.

Anyone is up to making such a mod for DFU? The idea is that the character can't raise any skill through using it, he just gets XP for quests and optionally for defeating opponents (though I, personally, would disable it and receive XP for quests only), having accumulated enough XP he levels up, and in the level-up screen he gets not only several Attribute points, like now, but also several Skill points to raise the skills of his choice (and preferably, a fixed, not random, amount of Attribute and Skill points). I suppose, the interface part for it already exists, since you can distribute skill points during character creation.

Of course that would leave the character with no means of raising the miscellaneous skills, but in my book that would be just more of the good thing: makes you really think about which skills you select for primary, major, and minor, and which you leave in miscellaneous.

Although, probably, miscellaneous skills could still be raised through NPC trainers... But that's another topic for discussion: whether to allow training skills through NPCs, or just make NPC trainers give you some XP (a small amount in comparison to quests).