[Mod idea] bonuses for unarmored/light armor

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
bearhead

[Mod idea] bonuses for unarmored/light armor

Post by bearhead »

So right now, I don't think there is any downside to wearing as much armor as possible aside from the weight (which shouldn't be an issue unless your character is really lacking strength).

I was thinking it would be cool if not wearing armor/wearing light armor could provide some kind of a bonus - like maybe a bonus to stealth, running, and a reduction in spell casting costs (to encourage more lightly armored mages).

The degree of the bonus might scale based on the total weight of all your currently equipped armor?

I have no idea how technically feasible such a mod would be... let me know what you think, or if you know of a similar mod that already exists.

Jay_H

Re: [Mod idea] bonuses for unarmored/light armor

Post by Jay_H »

Skulduggery by Ralzar does implement a stealth-balancing system based on the weight of your armor, so there's that :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

A feature I added to the base engine and I have used to construct something similar to this is in ambidexterity module. Right now, I use it just for sheath, unsheathed, and attack movement speeds. However, I did plan to also have armor affect combat via affect movement and even attack speed. Been working on other stuff, so feature development for ambidexterity mod has just stopped for now, but it will be added when I get back to it soon.

Technically, if someone wants to try to do this on their own, and not have it attached to my mod, look at the speedmodifier object. It now allows multiple mods to add their own unique stacking speed modifiers for walking and running speed. I added this feature to the base engine just for these types of mods.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Perhaps it could aid dodging and critical strike and maybe backstabbing?

A boost to language skills as the monsters see you as less threatening.

You could go as far as making climbing impossible in full armor unless the skill is over 60 or something.

More restful sleep?

bearhead

Post by bearhead »

ok cool - good to hear this is possible/already implemented in some mods.

I think some combination of the stealth bonus from the Skullduggery mod, plus the speed bonus from Ambidexterity, and maybe an additional bonus based around magic users would be ideal... I'm not super familiar with Unity, but maybe I'll try creating something like that. eventually. haha