Alternative City Generators

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
charlieg

Alternative City Generators

Post by charlieg »

Biboran

Re: Alternative City Generators

Post by Biboran »

This is not bad thing but I don't know if anything like this will be usefull for game

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Wow! I am certainly impressed by this generator. It's rather simple, but the shapes it creates are both beautiful and practical as far as I can see. Yeah, implementing something like that in the game though is another story altogether. Even if we keep cities flat as a board, there is still a question of models fitting together to produce result like this.

I certainly hope that we can improve cities one day. So that they have actual streets, outdoor markets, squares, perhaps even docks. Maybe even rivers going through! :lol: Though this is a VERY far away dream. Would also be cool to include additional buildings - gambling houses, brothels, minor guilds, theatres, hospitals and whatever else the town might need to function properly and feel lively.

But for now, let's see what the original towns function as intended :)

charlieg

Post by charlieg »

I didn't really bring it here with any expectation of action. I just thought it was 1) fascinating and 2) food for thought for perhaps a future game mod by an inspired contributor. I mean, it's dreamy thinking really...

Mr. Waffle

Post by Mr. Waffle »

It could be used as a pretty good tool for creating basic blueprints of a handcrafted city, if anything.
People wear socks