Roads

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
River

Roads

Post by River »

Hi guys !
I was trying the game and I wanted to know if it was possible to go from one city to another. Well, it 's possible and it' s even very pleasant, with the relief, the light that changes over time etc ... On the other hand it 's a shame to have to follow all the time his compass, Empire is inspired by the Roman Empire not? Known for enhancing trade through its road system. Would not it be possible to connect the different cities via roads ? In addition the game know the city size no ? So we can imagine connecting two importants cities by a beautiful paved road while the very small villages have only a dirt road (or nothing). And at the intersection of two roads we can see signs with the nearby towns. It would be very RP to go from one city to another. Or follow the "para via" highway that goes around the bay of Illiac and which connect almost all the capitals :)

(Sorry, not my first language)

Biboran

Re: Roads

Post by Biboran »

Empire in before-the warp lore not known it roman or not, mostly no I think. And of course there are very small imperial presents in Illiac Bay in this timeline
In tes 2 so empty outside locations because it was not finished by devs - see topic about unfinished daggerfall content - so there are no proper landscape, rivers, roads or other minor objects in vanilla game
All cities had tiers in tes2 since they all builded from city blocks - more blocks, more big city.

Jay_H

Re: Roads

Post by Jay_H »

Welcome to the forums! :)

Roads are a topic some people have expressed an interest in. Here are two topics we've seen:

viewtopic.php?t=49

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4