3rd-person camera?

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Narf the Mouse

3rd-person camera?

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Given that there's a 2D sprite for your character, it should be possible to take (standing-only, obviously) pictures of your character in-game.

"And this is me meeting Queen Barenzaih. Note my full suit of Elven plate...I'm thinking of enchanting it..." Heh.

Fake edit: Oh, and something something 3rd-person camera, although I wouldn't want to "walk" around in it just yet. ;)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Interkarma

Re: 3rd-person camera?

Post by Interkarma »

Haha I love the idea of it! :D Like a selfie-stick that stamps your 2D paper doll down in the world next to whatever you're taking a picture of.

That's hilariously cool enough to be an interesting mod.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Interkarma wrote:Haha I love the idea of it! :D Like a selfie-stick that stamps your 2D paper doll down in the world next to whatever you're taking a picture of.

That's hilariously cool enough to be an interesting mod.
Yeah, basically. :)

If I thought I knew enough about the code and had enough time... ;) As it is, the NaturalStats code has been sitting on my hard drive for months, untouched until today. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Blue Footed Booby

Post by Blue Footed Booby »

Y'know, this would be a pretty handy thing to include in the screenshots for saves. What my character is wearing and wielding often tells me a lot more about the point where I saved the game than a view of a generic shop interior or expanse of lumpy wasteland.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Blue Footed Booby wrote:Y'know, this would be a pretty handy thing to include in the screenshots for saves. What my character is wearing and wielding often tells me a lot more about the point where I saved the game than a view of a generic shop interior or expanse of lumpy wasteland.
"0136: Got kill tiger quest" is how I solve that. ;)

Blue Footed Booby

Post by Blue Footed Booby »

Narf the Mouse wrote:
Blue Footed Booby wrote:Y'know, this would be a pretty handy thing to include in the screenshots for saves. What my character is wearing and wielding often tells me a lot more about the point where I saved the game than a view of a generic shop interior or expanse of lumpy wasteland.
"0136: Got kill tiger quest" is how I solve that. ;)
My introduction to RPGs were Quest for Glory and Fallout 2. The former had the standard Sierra adventure game screwed-by-choices-hours-ago traps and the latter was spectacularly buggy. These left me so shellshocked I've developed frequent saving into a coping mechanism for dealing with stress. The end result is that I have an ungodly mess of many, many separate saves that almost but not quite adhere to some sane, reasonable plan. Info embedded in the screenshot would save me from myself. The only alternative is practicing discipline to become a better person, and that is unacceptable.