More Locations

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
username

More Locations

Post by username »

Just wondering would it be possible to create a mod adding in more random towns, home, temples and dungeons to all of the different regions of the Iliac Bay especially in the places with less locations like Betony, unfortunately I don't know any coding or have much unity experience so i wouldn't be able to much if this did become a thing.
Check out my patch to remove nudity, it's a WIP but it's coming along quite nicely.

Interkarma

Re: More Locations

Post by Interkarma »

If should be relatively easy just to drop new locations, but would take a fair bit of coding to expose new locations back to the quest system in a format it understands.

Because I'm emulating the classic Daggerfall quests, I have to do some things in the same or a similar way behind the scenes. This means the quest engine needs the layout data exposed by MAPS.BSA and BLOCKS.BSA. Incoming layout data from outside the classic game files would need some kind of mechanism to bridge that data back into the newer code.

So not impossible, but it would be a dedicated bit of work. Probably not something I'd be willing to take on (at least for now), and I'd probably not merge sweeping PR changes to quest system at this time while it's still being developed.