Page 1 of 1

TreeIt

Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:54 am
by charlieg
TreeIt: http://www.evolved-software.com/treeit/treeit

Overview
Tree It is an easy to use real time 3d tree generator for the simple creation of your very own 3d tree models for your dark basic pro and dark GDK apps and games.

Features
- Very easy to create high quality 3D trees.
- Create any tree, not limited to just one tree type.
- Edit trunk & branch joints and brake joints.
- Render to image for leaf creation.
- Exports to *.dbo *.obj *.x .

Examples of the trees as they appear in Unity: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/By4R8

X-post from OpenMW forum: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4616

Re: TreeIt

Posted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 9:21 pm
by Narf the Mouse
charlieg wrote:TreeIt: http://www.evolved-software.com/treeit/treeit

Overview
Tree It is an easy to use real time 3d tree generator for the simple creation of your very own 3d tree models for your dark basic pro and dark GDK apps and games.

Features
- Very easy to create high quality 3D trees.
- Create any tree, not limited to just one tree type.
- Edit trunk & branch joints and brake joints.
- Render to image for leaf creation.
- Exports to *.dbo *.obj *.x .

Examples of the trees as they appear in Unity: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/By4R8

X-post from OpenMW forum: https://forum.openmw.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4616

While I've been familiar with TheGameCreators, the last time I was heavily involved with their programming apps was when DarkBasic Professional was still an ongoing thing. :) Still have my original CD, too...

Does the plugin work in Unity, or do you have to create the trees and then export/import them?

Re: TreeIt

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:27 am
by charlieg
Narf the Mouse wrote:Does the plugin work in Unity, or do you have to create the trees and then export/import them?

I might be mistaken but I believe it to be the latter. It produces the models according to a seed and then you can import them into Unity. I guess that could be made to be done on the fly but that's not what it appears to offer and also licensing probably precludes that as it is not released under an open source license.

I could be wrong though. I was more or less just relaying something interesting I saw in the OpenMW forum.

Re: TreeIt

Posted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:55 pm
by Narf the Mouse
charlieg wrote:
Narf the Mouse wrote:Does the plugin work in Unity, or do you have to create the trees and then export/import them?

I might be mistaken but I believe it to be the latter. It produces the models according to a seed and then you can import them into Unity. I guess that could be made to be done on the fly but that's not what it appears to offer and also licensing probably precludes that as it is not released under an open source license.

I could be wrong though. I was more or less just relaying something interesting I saw in the OpenMW forum.

Fair enough. :)