Small details for ambience

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Bender

Small details for ambience

Post by Bender »

I really enjoy what everyone has been able to do so far. Daggerfall looks and plays great and I can't thank the community enough. I would love to see some small details thrown in for effect if ever possible. Stuff like bugs flying around lanterns or torches or butterflies and dragonflies to compliment the bird mod that already exists. I know it would be more complicated but even fog or thunderstorms randomly would be pretty cool.
No matter what i'm completely happy with what already exists :)

Mr. Waffle

Re: Small details for ambience

Post by Mr. Waffle »

That actually sounds pretty good. Hope someone implements something of the like.
People wear socks

Bender

Post by Bender »

I actually love the way the game looks. I'm ok with not to real and staying close to the original look. The textures and flats look amazing and I understand that their is a target system requirement they want to stay in.
Other ideas might be: Meals or other objects on a table done in flats. fire flies at night. dust in front of a window when daylight. Sadly I wish I could do these things myself. I'm actually pretty good at cut & paste photoshopping, but my natural artistic ability sucks LOL.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, that would add to the mood and the atmosphere of the game... such things are very needed as games like this are about the atmosphere for me personally. Lets hope someone can do it :)

Bender

Post by Bender »

Just few more things rambling through my head. Would love to see smoke from chimneys. then again, houses don't seem to have them so i'm not sure how easy that would be to implement. maybe the same smoke could be scaled down and used for candles, lamps, and torches.