Click to attack

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Re: Click to attack

Post by Jay_H »

Bender wrote:Now, if you could also add shield blocking to compliment the mouse attack that would be something. A parry before a swing would change everything.That being said, I chock it up to difference in opinion or preference and not lack of insight or inspiration on some of us that have requested it.
Oh yeah, there are other mods I've thought of :) Imagine being able to block damage with precision timing. If you press the Block button:

From 0 to 0.125 second of the strike: 100% damage reduced
From 0.125 to 0.25 second of the strike: 65% damage reduced
From 0.25 to 0.35 second of the strike: 40% damage reduced

Maybe it could require a shield, and maybe it would damage the shield more quickly. But it would open the play style more for warrior types :)

Bender

Post by Bender »

Now you're talking. A successful block or parry reduces damage and can even increase damage on your next swing based on the success of the block.

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Oh boy, this is easily going to get much more complicated than the legendary VSIM combat system in Die by the Sword... :o ... I kinda like that... :twisted:

Bender

Post by Bender »

LOL, hopefully not, and honestly my opinion on the grand scheme of things really does not matter. I'm not the one putting in the blood, sweat, and tears programming and debugging. It's fun to politely debate, but honestly i'm gonna be happy with whatever the devs choose. It's their hard work and vision and I respect that completely.

Al-Khwarizmi

Post by Al-Khwarizmi »

Interkarma wrote:Anyway, the call for this option is overwhelming. Hopefully it will help more people experience Daggerfall with joy. The classic swipe attacks aren't going anywhere and will remain the default setting.
I'm glad to read that. That way, most new players will be exposed to Daggerfall's (IMO excellent) combat control system, decide if they like it or not, and have the choice to change available if they don't.