Sieges & multiplayer: some recent thoughts (0.9+)

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Sieges & multiplayer: some recent thoughts (0.9+)

Post by Jay_H »

I've been listening to the Julian LeFay interview (the man is brilliant, not even speaking of video game design), and I'm starting to put together the pieces on some of the bits of information we've carried around regarding Daggerfall since development.

City sieges and armies were going to be an offspring of Daggerfall's multiplayer concept, which is the next step of what he would have done if he had more time to develop Daggerfall. Players (my speculation here) either would've gotten some ability to join into an army or become a ruler of a region and ordered a war against a different region so as to make this happen.

So if we're going to talk about restoring some of Daggerfall's missing features, I'd say this is one of them. The path to become the ruler of an actual region would come first, and then the aforementioned war mechanics. Since this will have to wait until factions are fully implemented, it'd have to wait at least until 0.9 develops, when legal reputation will be fully implemented.

Bender

Re: Sieges & multiplayer: some recent thoughts (0.9+)

Post by Bender »

Sounds good to me. I'm all for restoring lost content.