Custom enemies

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Jay_H

Custom enemies

Post by Jay_H »

I don't know at what point new enemies will be operable in DFU, and as with other subjects, I like to build up the bank first so we have something to implement when the time comes. I have some other and more ambitious ideas stored away, but I'll leave those alone for now.

New, powerful human enemies could start appearing after level 10. They would consist of new classes the PC can't choose, such as Cutthroat, Warlord, Wizard, Mastermind, and so on. They would each have a new selection of stats and, for spellcasters, spells. They could be dressed in red or some other color to distinguish them. (The red palette here isn't perfect IMO but it works as illustration.)

Air atronachs are spoken of in Daggerfall's files but didn't make it to release. They could be semi-transparent and maybe make the same noises as ghosts.

A new variant of lich that only uses poison-based magic, since undead are immune to poison and not many enemies use this magic type.

A centaur zombie, or zombietaur.

A centaur mage.

I want to have a ton of variety, like with quests and spells, so it never feels like the player's seen everything. So I hope we can multiply the number of Daggerfall enemy types through mods.

Bender

Re: Custom enemies

Post by Bender »

I'm curious to see what others think of this. Custom monster mods for Morrowind could be down right silly at times. Some of them were fairly lore friendly though and in my opinion worked well. I could see that being a good thing with Daggerfall as an option. Maybe even giving high end characters new things to fight that provide a challenge.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Oh yeah, the Giants mod :lol: There are a couple I always load for Morrowind since vanilla's monster selection is way too limited for my taste. I guess it's in part because of that that I made this topic.

Bender

Post by Bender »

Later versions of Morrowind comes alive really stood out for me. The enhanced undead escpecially were nice. It did not work well though unless you had other mods meant to compiment it as the balance was way off. I never got around to installing giants. Not sure why, i probably should have tried it.

Man-Bull Cultist

Post by Man-Bull Cultist »

I personally would like to see modders attempt to recreate enemies from later games in the art style of Daggerfall. In particular, I would like to see Dwemer Automatons and Hags/Hagravens, the latter of which could even replace the character models of the Witch Covens' witches.