A few mod ideas

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Midknightprince

Re: A few mod ideas

Post by Midknightprince »

Wow, I'm MIA as usual, good stuff guy's, dual wielding, and customizable houses, yes please..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

BlueBolt

Post by BlueBolt »

I had a couple ideas for how to make the Climbing skill more interesting and more inclusive into the game.

1) The ability to move in any direction when in Climbing mode instead of just climbing upwards. This would make things like climbing up a hole leading to a floor above in the middle of a corridor in a dungeon possible, and give players who can't or don't want to cheese it out with the Levitate spell/command an viable alternative.

2) Make it to have a keybind for it appear when close to the wall or running into the wall, like "[E] to enter Climbing Mode" or something. That way you could control when you want to climb, and because it'd be a prompt instead of going into Climbing Mode on its own, it'd have to show up that prompt faster.

3) Walljumping. Something like Mirror's Edge or most 3D Mario games, pretty much. I'm not sure if that one would work well in dungeons halls as claustrophobic as Daggerfall's, but it could be fun.

4) Tools for making Climbing more efficient, like Rock/Icepicks or a grappling hook, which would first require to be equipped like a weapon in order to use. This would allow players to either throw the hook in an opening in the ceiling of a big dungeon room, or rappel down a deep pit in a dungeon when there's no levers around to call that magical elevator lift. Max range on the grappling hook would vary on strength and the Climbing skill level itself.

5) Last one is kind of a joke idea but it would be so hilariously awesome if it were possible is the ability to use said tools in 4) as actual weapons, say a mage or a archer is attacking you from a distance on a platform across a huge pit, you could use the Grappling Hook to pull them towards you Scorpion-style. :P

With all that said, I guess we can't really call this thread a "few mod ideas" anymore and just make it a Mod Ideas Thread. :lol:

Tuaam

Post by Tuaam »

I have seen random encounters play out in Vanilla Daggerfall Unity. For instance, if you rest in the wilderness you can be attacked by bands of roaming archers.

For stuff like that, I think it would be probable to do something like this.

>Player selects a destination
>When the PC fast travels between cities, then the game can skip to the middle of that where the player has to survive a random encounter
>After the encounter, the Player would need to go to the travel map again and select their destination (again).

This would be the most certain way to implement such a feature, and maybe have different types of encounters based off of different areas. Hell, you could have boat encounters if the player travels by boat.

Midknightprince

All this stuff is amazing, keep it coming guys..

Midknightprince

Well, since I installed the hills mod, I'm thinking we need a dinosaurs mod now...
I need to get hunted by a carcharodontosaurus in them thar hills...