(NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Luzur

Re: (NSFW Mod) Prostitution

Post by Luzur »

Al-Khwarizmi wrote:I wouldn't like having prostitution be a requirement to play optimally.

However, it would be nice if the possibility of having love and sexual relationships outside of prostitution were also added to the mod.

That way, the player would decide (according to the personality they're roleplaying) if their character will seek relief by trying to seduce someone of the opposite sex, be it for a one-night stand or a longer-term relationship, maybe even marriage (this is something I always thought was lacking from Daggerfall, if you can buy houses and stuff, you should be able to marry); or if they prefer to just resort to prostitution.

tl;dr: it would be great to have the prostitution mod integrated into a more general love and sex mod.
But that would also require having kids and family, which could be abit hard to code in (or not, im not well rehearsed in Daggerfall coding, although i made a couple of simple C64 demos back in the day :P). But if you get it to work in the non-Bethesda way (adopting grown kids) it would be A-OK in my book.
"Load the muskets"

RH666

Post by RH666 »

So, my thought on the Prostitute's Guild mod is basically the player being an active Prostitute, but maybe as they progress in rank they might also get more support role quests. If it's somehow possible to check skills before offering quests guild members with higher weapons skills might get 'target x has been abusing our girls - go teach him a lesson!' quests or those might be trown into the mix regardless.

csombek

Post by csombek »

I think skyrim handled the sex benefits pretty well. There if you had "sex" with your spouse you gained an increased levelling speed (about 15%) for a day. It could be a more realistic benefit in daggerfall to (sex definitely doesn't make your wound heal or tiredness decreased). But it should be like a week long effect.
Also it would be nice to have the ability to sleep with random inn people, maybe after they could tell everything about the town. And sex could maybe also be used as a tool to get more money from merchants, and persuade quest people.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Since this thread got bumped, I might as well throw in my two cents. I'd really like to see marriage implemented in the game. Have a spouse at your home and all that. TO me Daggerfall is the most immersive game I've ever played and would really like to see it in. Maybe even have your spouse adventure with you. Something like that would be nice. It's unrelated but do the deed with her? Now its on topic.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

csombek wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 9:04 pm And sex could maybe also be used as a tool to get more money from merchants, and persuade quest people.
Depending on your Sexytime skill, you might get the opposite effects.

Johnny4Handsome

Post by Johnny4Handsome »

Kamer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:12 pm I'd really like to see marriage implemented in the game. Have a spouse at your home and all that. TO me Daggerfall is the most immersive game I've ever played and would really like to see it in. Maybe even have your spouse adventure with you. Something like that would be nice. It's unrelated but do the deed with her? Now its on topic.
I'm glad this got mentioned. I'd say that I would be on board with the inclusion of prostitution to the extent others have mentioned with guilds and quests, only if the other end of the love spectrum was also represented. If you just have prostitution and nothing else, it really gives off a vibe of juvenile attitudes toward sexual encounters, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just old fashioned though :lol:

I really like the idea of your married spouse traveling with you and maybe waiting with your wagon outside of dungeons while you quest within. When you return they could give some flavour text like, "I was worried for a while there!", or "Did you get lost or something?".

Perhaps if you left your spouse at home while you're out adventuring, they could write you letters from time-to-time. Stuff like that goes a long way toward making the world feel alive.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Johnny4Handsome wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 am
Kamer wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:12 pm I'd really like to see marriage implemented in the game. Have a spouse at your home and all that. TO me Daggerfall is the most immersive game I've ever played and would really like to see it in. Maybe even have your spouse adventure with you. Something like that would be nice. It's unrelated but do the deed with her? Now its on topic.
I'm glad this got mentioned. I'd say that I would be on board with the inclusion of prostitution to the extent others have mentioned with guilds and quests, only if the other end of the love spectrum was also represented. If you just have prostitution and nothing else, it really gives off a vibe of juvenile attitudes toward sexual encounters, in my opinion. Maybe I'm just old fashioned though :lol:

I really like the idea of your married spouse traveling with you and maybe waiting with your wagon outside of dungeons while you quest within. When you return they could give some flavour text like, "I was worried for a while there!", or "Did you get lost or something?".

Perhaps if you left your spouse at home while you're out adventuring, they could write you letters from time-to-time. Stuff like that goes a long way toward making the world feel alive.
Yea getting letters would be nice. Imagine getting a letter your spouse contracted a disease and could die? Things like that. Things you wouldn't really see in other games to this extent. Or your spouse gets kidnapped by a random faction and needs a ransom. Sometimes you could come home only to find a letter, maybe if your rep with them gets down so low they leave you lol. Or maybe they are out shopping or something? I'd really like to see spouses more than anything.

EDIT: Aw man now I'll be spending some time to see if I can make this happen. I got a good idea how to implement them in the quest system.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Kamer wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:21 am
Johnny4Handsome wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 12:39 am

Yea getting letters would be nice. Imagine getting a letter your spouse contracted a disease and could die? Things like that. Things you wouldn't really see in other games to this extent. Or your spouse gets kidnapped by a random faction and needs a ransom. Sometimes you could come home only to find a letter, maybe if your rep with them gets down so low they leave you lol. Or maybe they are out shopping or something? I'd really like to see spouses more than anything.

EDIT: Aw man now I'll be spending some time to see if I can make this happen. I got a good idea how to implement them in the quest system.
:shock: :shock: :shock: Lots of impressive ideas ;)

Dalebvr

Post by Dalebvr »

Hmm. Actually, there is one classification that has been kinda misrepresented; Holy Prostitute. Some of the adherents of Dibella would no doubt be in that category. Historically, there is a big difference between Holy Prostitute and common street whore. The former is doing duty and acting as a divine messenger or agent, the latter is simply selling her body for cash. That would set up a clash between the Temple of Dibella and any Prostitute's Guild you created, which could generate all kinds of quests and decisions that effect non main quest gameplay. There would be different social consequences seeking comfort with a Dibellan Priest/ess, as opposed to paying for a wild night with the P guild. Some possible quests would be:

1)One group wants you to find out something that would hurt the other group, or elevate them.
2)The temple has been poaching guild members, and they want you to find them and any evidence of restraint or control.
3) One P guild branch has is suspected of using the dark side of sex magic, and the Temple needs the evidence so that they can go to the leadership and demand that branch be dissolved.
4) You could pick up a nobles son/daughter who wants nothing to do with their family, and would prefer to make their way on their back instead of taxing the peasants into starvation. Where said scion winds up could have major effects on your rep, as well as giving you an ally inside one of the groups to get either information or maybe even tertiary quests from.

With Temple Prostitutes you would have the potential of divine healing or buffing if you agreed to pursue a quest for the deity to help their cause. Street whores could be a gold mine of what is going on; the more accomplished the whore, the higher up in the underworld they get info and rumors from. Also don't forget that some governments use the ladies of the night to spy and control through blackmail their targets.

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

I think it would be awesome if a prostitute, to win her heart, asked you to recite a line from a poem to her. This would of course involve the player having to buy, steal or find a poem book in the game, read a line then type it back to the prostitute. Or maybe just type the name of the book to her and depending on her personality, she will like it or ask you to find another one.