Extra factions

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
FilthyCasual523

Re: Extra factions

Post by FilthyCasual523 »

Guild mods would help add to the RP of this game a hundredfold. I'd love to be able to do a necromancer character or a witch.

RH666

Post by RH666 »

Hazelnut wrote:I plan to release a guild mod as an example, and then write a tutorial to help people do this. That's a little way off however as I am still figuring out how to do it in the first place. :ugeek: The main reason I wanted to let people know it's coming is so the pre-planning can be begun. (rank titles, services offered etc) If it's a completely new guild you'll also need to find a building that you can safely re-purpose as a guild hall so keep an eye out for shops/taverns that don't work - they are good candidates
Excellent. Because I am potato when it comes to coding, but I can certainly write. Also can we add NPCs to existing buildings? We might be able to add the holy knights to their temples.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

If you don't feel ready to code quests yet but want to write, feel free to start brainstorming ideas in the quest prompt thread or anywhere else. You can start to build out a guild from there, and with me and others, we can start to form guilds in concept. In my case, the dialogue and quest concept take 80% of my time when I write a new quest, so having the writing already done (or at least planned) would make the process much shorter.

Hazelnut already has some ideas to build out the Archaeologists, but I won't detail them until I know he's OK with it. For now I'll list some possible ranks and benefits of the Cartographers:

1. Recruit
2. Yeoman
3. Scout
4. Wayfarer
5. Outrider
6. Pathfinder
7. Explorer
8. Master Explorer
9. Vanguard
10. Great Scout

Benefits: fast travel time becomes 1-(rank*0.05)(default travel time), progressing from .95 travel time to .5 travel time. Not sure whether to stack with Akatosh bonus.

Eventually there may be implements to travel to a wide variety of locations, so creating dozens of Cartographer quests would be a breeze.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote: Benefits: fast travel time becomes 1-(rank*0.05)(default travel time), progressing from .95 travel time to .5 travel time. Not sure whether to stack with Akatosh bonus.
Seems a little generous, bit it's a good idea for a CG benefit. This will be a little tricky to provide a mod hook for, but I'll find a way I'm sure. :-)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

All such matters are up for negotiation ;) I'm glad to have a community where we can look at things from various perspectives, to get a much more mature product made.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Just gonna leave this here:

:D

[Yes the (rep: #) is just for testing, so don't panic classicists]
Attachments
Guilds.png
Guilds.png (278.14 KiB) Viewed 3163 times
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Nice! :)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The Archaeologists Guild
:twisted:

RH666

Post by RH666 »

Nicely done!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Jay_H wrote:Benefits: fast travel time becomes 1-(rank*0.05)(default travel time), progressing from .95 travel time to .5 travel time. Not sure whether to stack with Akatosh bonus.
This is now possible, as long as it stacks. :-)