Mesh Replacement Test

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: Mesh Replacement Test

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks for all your suggestions Biboran.I tried to upscale and redo some textures in the past days.
Spoiler!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

looks pretty good!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul wrote:looks pretty good!
Thank you.
I don't know if this has been discussed before (i searched the forum but found nothing) but some of the paintings (.cif files) are famous classics which have high resolution pictures released in the public domain, for example on wikimedia commons. I wonder if we could use these ones in daggerfall. If that's the case we would actually face the opposite problem, rather than upscaling them we would need to make sure they don't look out of place.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Sanzio_01.jpg

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

You make a good point regarding the public domain. Still, there are some more legal thorns to deal with:

1. The painting itself is in the public domain, but the digital copy (the .jpg) was created by someone. It's presumed, but not known, that they have given permission to upload it to Wikipedia, but if not, I believe it crosses a legal limit.

2. The public domain referred to is certainly open to the United States, but other jurisdictions have their own laws on the matter, and it looks pretty bad in some places.

Your idea is excellent, but it looks like intellectual property laws are a bit too restrictive to allow it for now. That's my short report on it though, and I'm not a lawyer.

Arl

Post by Arl »

Those assets were quite out of place, paintings should be reworked to be related to the game, otherwise is the same out of place stuff but in HD. That's just how I wish it to be.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Nice! If you do that with all textures it will b very good mod!
About picturew what Phobos Anomaly said.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

I actually start doing SOMETHING for the project.
I start from TEXTURE.053 (Signs) with low poly. Soon try to do textures, not too pixel, but drawed to look vanilla friendly.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

looking good :)

Arctus

Post by Arctus »

This may have been answered some time ago but I'm just checking up; we've had a whole lot of updated textures made over the years, are they all still stored somewhere? Or have they just vanished into the ether?

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Arctus wrote:This may have been answered some time ago but I'm just checking up; we've had a whole lot of updated textures made over the years, are they all still stored somewhere? Or have they just vanished into the ether?
Are you talk about what was maded for XL? Don't know but I try draw by myself because I can't actually ask autors of this may I use them or not
Nystul wrote:looking good :)
Thanks! When will have time I try add some detaling on top side that this will look less quadratish...