Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: Just some new 2D/3D ideas and proposals

Post by TheLacus »

My personal opinion, i wouldn't mind a version of Daggerfall with the art style of the first Dishonored, but brighter and adjusted to the different setting.

screen 1
screen 2
screen 3
screen 4
srceen 5

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Ive redone simple tavern model, properly this time. Its based on the DF mesh extract.

Note -the roof isnt finished yet since I dont have proper texture for it. Ive used original roof texture.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

:shock: THIS IS EPIC :shock:

Sorry for capslock but I really like it
Please, continue

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

This is a definite winner. Awesome work.

AlexanderSig

Post by AlexanderSig »

Amazing!

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

I can post it here, the model I mean, if someone wants to try to implement it ingame as a test. ;)

Arl

Post by Arl »

Truly amazing!

We should need LOD models if this is the detail we would have in a remastered Daggerfall. As faithfull as this model is to the original, maybe the originals can work as LOD just fine.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Here's the link for the unity package Tavern model test.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1vHJ ... EZHeGdLbnc

Im not completely satisfied and I think there's too many polygons. Im still searching for the right balance between good expressive relief and unnecessary polycount. Also Im not satisfied with the wall texture, since Ive just used tavern interior floor texture and brighten it up a bit. The exterior wall texture should be original one.

If someone can implement it ingame, please share few nice screenshots here. ;)

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Wow VMBlast, that tavern looks incredible!

This is the right approach, I think. It maintains the original look and style and bumps up the fidelity. And importantly, it keeps the doors in the same positions, which is critical for entry points to match the virtual door hitbox DFTFU stores in world space.

Arl has the right idea, the original would work nicely as a LOD model as the styles are such a close match. And depending how close the models are in proportion and overall shape, the original model could make a nice efficient mesh collider as well.

VMblast

Post by VMblast »

Interkarma wrote:Arl has the right idea, the original would work nicely as a LOD model as the styles are such a close match. And depending how close the models are in proportion and overall shape, the original model could make a nice efficient mesh collider as well.
Yeah, its true about the collider mesh. The original mesh can be used for it, tho Ive changed roof a little bit. Ive made new roof to be much thicker and a little bit protruding forward.

As for LOD, yeah original mesh can be still used for it, but only as LOD3 (so the furthest one) and the texture than needs to be updated for it to match the new model. Other than that it can work. ;)