Kamer's Projects

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Jay_H

Re: Kamer's Projects Villager Immersion Overhaul

Post by Jay_H »

Very clever! Why wouldn't they be walking around? This is an excellent addition.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very interesting idea, Id like to see it ingame

Mosin Nagant

Post by Mosin Nagant »

Kamer wrote: Sun May 27, 2018 3:04 am What I hope to accomplish is to make cities feel like cities than a farmstead. Warriors, Priests and Horseback riders will populate cities and Villagers themselves will hopefully get a bit of a makeover. Here's a Rogue I've modified as an example.
Oh man, this looks great. I think I like this even better than using the Arena villagers. Nice work!
Previously known as LordMordecai on DXL forums

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

I mentioned earlier that the idea I had would take much longer. What I may end up doing is creating figures of all the humanoid enemies in the game and take HD photos of them instead of using models. It's an idea I wanted to implement in Metal Gear Doom project but I stopped work on that before I got hold of any figures. the main reason to do this is to recreate horse rider sprites and not have them so pixelated. Obviously, this would apply to everyone.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Until I can figure out why my xml files won't work with my set of sprites for Villager Overhaul, it's gonna be put on hold.

(Seriously if you can help me out that would be great!)

For the meantime I thin I'll reveal a project I've already put countless hours into to get working right. Say hello to...

This is a silent quest system that runs in the background that selects random dungeons and gives it life. A meaning to explore.
You might find nothing, or you might find a group of bandits, some treasure or maybe you are even being followed yourself.
I hope this gives incentive to explore besides the dungeon's themselves for now you might stumble upon something when you explore!

-A random selection of dungeon's/farmsteads/villages, of up to 140,will be chosen.
-Upon finding a location, a random event will occur. Even then, there is a chance of nothing happening.
-Find treasure, find a quest, or stumble upon a squad of angry Orcs! Maybe a rare chance to see a Daedra Lord or Minions!

I hope to have a basic version up soon, maybe in the next few hours as I've already have the basics done. The only thing I need to do now are just add more events, and change how frequent some will be. I hope this makes Daggerfall a more immersive experience.
Spoiler!
Last edited by Kamer on Tue May 29, 2018 10:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Interesting! I'll give it a shot when it's available.

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

If Only we could get some older version of the game and rescue these great sources.
Or sorry for late replay but I first time see this screenshots, they are awesome, game looks compleatly different than on any beta screenshots I seen. I guess this can be reverse ingeneered
Like this buildings - they looks much more natural and close to real with this textures and form than final ones, this one of things I always wanted to see in daggerfall...
And this sea bottom - I heared Interkama want to implement real ocean - please make underwater look like on this screenshot ;_; fish sprites are avalible still as I know.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Trying to get inside of a Keep is going to feel like trying to get inside of a keep. Better hope they are friendly!

MrFlibble

Post by MrFlibble »

Kamer wrote: Mon May 28, 2018 1:33 am I mentioned earlier that the idea I had would take much longer. What I may end up doing is creating figures of all the humanoid enemies in the game and take HD photos of them instead of using models. It's an idea I wanted to implement in Metal Gear Doom project but I stopped work on that before I got hold of any figures. the main reason to do this is to recreate horse rider sprites and not have them so pixelated. Obviously, this would apply to everyone.
Sounds great, good luck! Would be nice to have high-res sprites that are true to the DOS originals.
Kamer wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 5:54 am This is a silent quest system that runs in the background that selects random dungeons and gives it life. A meaning to explore.
You might find nothing, or you might find a group of bandits, some treasure or maybe you are even being followed yourself.
I hope this gives incentive to explore besides the dungeon's themselves for now you might stumble upon something when you explore!

-A random selection of dungeon's/farmsteads/villages, of up to 300,will be chosen.
-Upon finding a location, a random event will occur. Even then, there is a chance of nothing happening.
-Find treasure, find a quest, or stumble upon a squad of angry Orcs! Maybe a rare chance to see a Daedra Lord or Minions!
Seems like a pretty cool thing!

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Keep Sieges test.