Quick Change Request

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Interkarma

Quick Change Request

Post by Interkarma »

This is for Nystul and Lypyl. I am adding an INI option to use legacy deferred for users with down-level GPUs. Could I please get you guys to add the following feature to your camera setups.

When setting up your cameras, or in Start() if easier, check for the flag DaggerfallUnity.Settings.UseLegacyDeferred. If this flag is True then change your custom camera.renderingPath = RenderingPath.DeferredLighting. Otherwise, just keep camera set to use Player settings as usual.

Unfortunately it's not possible to change Player settings at startup from script, each camera must be set individually. This setting will be on git shortly.

Cheers guys. :)

LypyL

Re: Quick Change Request

Post by LypyL »

I have the sky camera set to match whatever the player camera rendering path is at startup, so it should be all set.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

LypyL wrote:I have the sky camera set to match whatever the player camera rendering path is at startup, so it should be all set.
Cheers mate, I should have checked that. :)

Edit: I've just added the 2 lines of code in Nystul's camera setup to do same. We should be all good to go then.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

No worries - I just gave it a quick check in the editor by setting the player camera to legacy deferred and it worked without a problem.

edit: Nystul's cameras seem to update as well.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

LypyL wrote: edit: Nystul's cameras seem to update as well.
let me know if I need to change something or if it is ok how it behaves

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

All looks good now guys. That really was a quick one!

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

regarding your changes to IncreasedTerrainDistance.cs:
not sure if it is really necessary to set the rendering path of the stacked cameras in SetUpCameras() because in the first line in SetUpCameras() the function SetupGameObjects() is called. Inside of it the cameras are created and their rendering path is copied from Camera.main already

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't notice that and it didn't work in tests. Probably a script execution order problem. I'll revert that change and tackle from a project settings perspective.

Also, the use of LegacyDeferred did not fix the original problem, so I can probably just take that option out again.