Real grass

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
AlexanderSig

Re: Real grass

Post by AlexanderSig »

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?
I'd like that :)

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

StarMadeKnight wrote:Could the grass system be used to render AlexanderSig's remodeled shelves so that they can be marked as harvestable the same way that the plant containers are?
Isn't this part of vanilla behaviour? I'm not sure what you already could do in original game. Anyway i agree, expanding support for shelves and crates seems a nice feature.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I believe that refers to shelves in dungeons and in houses, which in classic have no interaction.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho

Sun's Dawn

Post by Sun's Dawn »

Hazelnut wrote:I think it's a nice idea, but I'm having trouble thinking of something worthwhile that they could contain that would not affect the balance of the game. The best idea I have is random potion ingredients, but most people ignore them anyway so seems a little pointless.

(as opposed to plants containing specific ingredients which is worthwhile since players interested can go seek appropriate plants)
If there is a rare chance to find valuable items, there would be a reason to search them, while not changing the game balance to much. So, most often you would find stuff like ingredients, but on rare occasions you could by chance find better stuff.
Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough. dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
Agreed.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Nystul wrote:house shelves could contain valuable items, that could be stolen if players pickpocket skill is high enough.
dungeon shelves could contain less valuable items, broken items and maybe rarely better stuff. just a balancing thing imho
This sound reasonable, nice idea.

I'll release a first version in the next few days, then i'll give AlexanderSig an adapted script for shelves.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Look at them beautiful winter crops :D
Attachments
crops 1.jpg
crops 1.jpg (266.34 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
crops 2.jpg
crops 2.jpg (228.27 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
crops 3.jpg
crops 3.jpg (261.03 KiB) Viewed 4641 times
Check out my YouTube Channel!