Rocks of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Kamer

Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Kamer »

Rocks of Daggerfall Version 0.2

This pack for Uncanny's New Locations mod adds various rocks and mountains in the wilderness of Daggerfall. This release specifically is unreleased, but born off of Isle of Betony and is more focused on just adding a bit more variety in the wilderness. In some instances it can lead to some great views. This release is also serving more of a test. I want to see how well it runs on other pc's as well as how interested everyone would be in me continuing this project. So if you have any problems, see any bugs, please report them.

Gavaudon is no longer supported from the first version. it has to be reworked since I'm using new models. This time I return to the Isle of Betony.
Explore Betony, and let me know what you think of the new look. I got a new system to randomly place these mountains and I'm loving the results.
This is sure to help a lot in speeding up the process. Mainly, its because the new way it works is bugless, smoother, and gives a sens of detail while
being open enough not to totally suffocate Tedious Travel players.

Screenshots:
Spoiler!

Install:
1. Open the folder that matches your operating system (Windows/OSX/Linux)

2. Copy the "Rocks of Daggerfall.dfmod" and "locations loader.dfmod" into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/Mods folder

3. Copy the "Locations" file into your DaggerfallUnity_Data/StreamingAssets/ folder

3. Make sure both dfmod files are enabled

Download:Rocks of Daaggerfall 0.2

Updated Location Pack:
Locations Pack.rar
(160.76 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Last edited by Kamer on Sat Oct 19, 2019 3:47 am, edited 8 times in total.

Zonk

Re: Rocks of Daggerfall

Post by Zonk »

I'm really liking how much this alters the landscape. I'm presuming these are handplaced at certain locations rather than randomly through the wilderness?

I would love if there was some way to spread rocks like this (maybe a little smaller) randomly throughout the wilderness as points of interest and navigation. Being able to see a big rock on a hill in the distance would be great for travel.

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

*Old Screenshtos*
Spoiler!
Last edited by Kamer on Wed Oct 16, 2019 6:20 am, edited 4 times in total.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I have been waiting for something like this, Kramer, you are freaking awesome !
And tell uncanny I have been keeping an eye on his location mod, this is where it's at..
Now I just hope it works for me, I'll let you know..
p.s. I think you need a link to the location loader unless I'm missing something..
Think it's the first one right ? viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1046

I hope 3.0 is the right one..
Ok I had to add locations folder to streaming assets- hope that's par for the course..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

Go to Tower Gaerton in Gavaudon.
There is a mountain on top of the dungeon, and I cant get in.

I have all the files in there, also you guys have to unblock everything first or won't work, just fyi...
And it looks awesome, just do everything dude lol, I don't want to move away from Illysian Hills, I'm fixing to get a house..
Entrances to the dungeons are the only problem for me so far, it works with all the other mods, and it's using my rock textures for the mountains.
This thing is great, you amaze me dude, just watch the tedious travel speed, if you're using that mod you will be like Evel Knievel on a horse...

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yes, until further refinement, this mod and Tedious Travel appear to be incompatible due to fall damage :lol:

Kamer

Post by Kamer »

Midknightprince wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:03 pm Go to Tower Gaerton in Gavaudon.
There is a mountain on top of the dungeon, and I cant get in.

I have all the files in there, also you guys have to unblock everything first or won't work, just fyi...
And it looks awesome, just do everything dude lol, I don't want to move away from Illysian Hills, I'm fixing to get a house..
Entrances to the dungeons are the only problem for me so far, it works with all the other mods, and it's using my rock textures for the mountains.
This thing is great, you amaze me dude, just watch the tedious travel speed, if you're using that mod you will be like Evel Knievel on a horse...
Sorry about that. I was sure I had went to all locations to avoid this. Here's a quick patch which should fix that section. Just replace the files with these.
Gavaudon_Section1-2 Patch.rar
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
Jay_H wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:22 pm Yes, until further refinement, this mod and Tedious Travel appear to be incompatible due to fall damage :lol:
Best thing I can say do is steer left and right as much as possible in Tedious Travel because Tedious Travel is now 100% more tedious.

Jaiysaun

Post by Jaiysaun »

Tedious Travel becomes a mountain-dodging minigame with this, gotta strafe to avoid hazards. :lol: I actually found it kinda fun.

Midknightprince

Jaiysaun wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:46 pm Tedious Travel becomes a mountain-dodging minigame with this, gotta strafe to avoid hazards. :lol: I actually found it kinda fun.
No more reading the news :lol:

Midknightprince

Yeah the patch works for me, do the rest of it now :D