Custom Portraits

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hazelnut

Re: Custom Portraits

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay, thanks for the info. At least you are able to optimise your workflow with this.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:53 pm Okay, thanks for the info. At least you are able to optimise your workflow with this.
Oh definetly, I was going to release an initial version of the female clothes today, until I noticed I had forgotten to do all the yellow clothes and the cape interiors entirely. :lol:

Luckily the recoloring part took about 1 minute to fix with the scripts, but the cape insides arent that easy, since I'll have to actually paint.

Krodaevius

Post by Krodaevius »

I really need this in my life!, keep up the good work, this is beyond AWESOME!

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Does anyone know a good host, other than tesnexus? I am not keen on hosting there but the files are right now 1gb + and that closes out a lot of hosts. I would be ready to release the clothing for females when I can figure out where to host the files.

I compiled all of the clothing files and tested most of them. I recently decided to automate all the combinations of different shirts, which is why the thread has been quiet for a bit. I also automated a lot more of my workflow. This means I can push fixes and versions in the future for the mod a lot faster.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Sitrus wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:16 pm Does anyone know a good host, other than tesnexus? I am not keen on hosting there but the files are right now 1gb + and that closes out a lot of hosts. I would be ready to release the clothing for females when I can figure out where to host the files.

I compiled all of the clothing files and tested most of them. I recently decided to automate all the combinations of different shirts, which is why the thread has been quiet for a bit. I also automated a lot more of my workflow. This means I can push fixes and versions in the future for the mod a lot faster.
Its perfect u managed to automate it, great job! I was using either Dropbox or Mega... u get 8 or 16gb space there for free, along with the ability to sort your files in directories etc

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

King of Worms wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 7:18 pm
Sitrus wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:16 pm Does anyone know a good host, other than tesnexus? I am not keen on hosting there but the files are right now 1gb + and that closes out a lot of hosts. I would be ready to release the clothing for females when I can figure out where to host the files.

Its perfect u managed to automate it, great job! I was using either Dropbox or Mega... u get 8 or 16gb space there for free, along with the ability to sort your files in directories etc
Thank you!

Mega it is.

This archive includes a few female and male faces, bodies for some female races and all female clothing items for all body types and their .xml files.

NOTE: None of it is final and some of it is still very rough. I have newer versions of some of the items already done, but I'll get around to updating those when I include the weapon and armor variants. This will probably be sometime this month.

https://mega.nz/#!tDwlhCiI!xvgruQvurck4 ... x_3-yBbedM

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Awesome! I cant wait to test it out with new female character :shock:

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

I've checked out the clothes. Looks all really good 8-) , but all the three capes I have have got holes or some missing part.
Cape1.smaller.png
Cape1.smaller.png (488.67 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Cape2.smaller.png
Cape2.smaller.png (491.22 KiB) Viewed 2257 times
Cape3.smaller.png
Cape3.smaller.png (477.86 KiB) Viewed 2257 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I have just checked all the files in windows, its a lot of work you did here, really impressive to go thru so much entries so fast :shock: It seems its almost 1/2 of total already done, and in really nice quality

Ps: yes the cloaks are one of the hardest clothing parts to recreate, but these bugs aside, they fit perfectly which is no easy feat

Sitrus

Post by Sitrus »

Firebrand wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 8:00 pm I've checked out the clothes. Looks all really good 8-) , but all the three capes I have have got holes or some missing part.

Cape1.smaller.png

Cape2.smaller.png

Cape3.smaller.png
Thank you, this is good to know.
This should fix those at least, it also includes fixes for some other bugs and improves the appearance of a few items. Still trying to figure out how to test for clipping :P
Looks like also I'll have to start figuring out alpha masks for items so I can work on preventing clipping for problematic items.
https://mega.nz/#!EDoV1arS!nqDIGlNmM1un ... Ch3IOkQbVo