Sun

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Lord Berandas

Re: Sun

Post by Lord Berandas »

Amazing! Keep it up!

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

I want to play Daggerfall in there. :)
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Cristalnoir wrote: version 3
Cristalnoir,

I run openSUSE linux and I have been using this cool utility for years called youtube-dl. I used that to download the high rez version of your Version 3 youtube video direct to my laptop. I have been showing off your work to anybody that is interested; which basically is everybody I run into. The "before" your mod, and your end result, are so dumbfounding that anyone I show your video to is practically spellbound. One veteran gamer addict commented about your work, "This looks like some of the most advanced games out there, if you hadn't told me this was a remaster work, I wouldn't have known it."

Your artistic modelling work here is absolutely stunning. I hope you will continue your work because it is fundamentally transformative, and is a fantastic showcase of what is possible with the Daggerfall Unity project.

Narf the Mouse

Post by Narf the Mouse »

Xaphir wrote:
Cristalnoir wrote: version 3
Cristalnoir,

I run openSUSE linux and I have been using this cool utility for years called youtube-dl. I used that to download the high rez version of your Version 3 youtube video direct to my laptop. I have been showing off your work to anybody that is interested; which basically is everybody I run into. The "before" your mod, and your end result, are so dumbfounding that anyone I show your video to is practically spellbound. One veteran gamer addict commented about your work, "This looks like some of the most advanced games out there, if you hadn't told me this was a remaster work, I wouldn't have known it."

Your artistic modelling work here is absolutely stunning. I hope you will continue your work because it is fundamentally transformative, and is a fantastic showcase of what is possible with the Daggerfall Unity project.
Words. Some people are good with them. :)

I like these ones.
Previous experience tells me it's very easy to misunderstand the tone, intent, or meaning of what I've posted. If you have questions, ask.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

thanks
it's encouraging

it is true that the funded means, I would go faster. Form a team would be ideal. Because I can do better, as redo 3D models of houses, objects .... Everything.
Keeping the spirit of Daggerfall, well obviously.
Cristalnoir studio

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

Version 4 will come in a very long time.
I prepare for unity Daggerfall mod workshop.
wait
Cristalnoir studio

Xaphir

Post by Xaphir »

Cristalnoir wrote:thanks
it's encouraging

it is true that the funded means, I would go faster. Form a team would be ideal. Because I can do better, as redo 3D models of houses, objects .... Everything.
Keeping the spirit of Daggerfall, well obviously.
I understand well the spirit of Daggerfall; before it was released, I was still playing Arena: The Elder Scrolls under Dos. I knew there was going to be a sequel, so I noted with extreme interest when Daggerfall previews started being shown in gaming magazines. When it did come out, I started playing, got involved in a very intense mailing list, and spent untold numbers of hours in the game.

The effect of the game worldwide has been legendary from day one, and has influenced large numbers of people who largely are unaware of each other, or the large numbers they represent. Who could have predicted, for example, that one such Daggerfall fan, by the name of Gavin “Interkarma” Clayton (from Australia, no less!) fueled by the same passion for the game that affects the rest of us, would as a result be inspired to create such a massive tribute to this legend, in the way that he has? Such is the love and loyalty that this legendary game still inspires, even after so many years. Even further, who could have forseen the breathtaking scenery your work has produced, as a result of this respect?

It's definitely something I want to be a part of. I'm some ways away from being able to contribute time but if you can come up with a means to contribute funds (website, link) then I can possibly contribute in that way.

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

it's the same for me, I have another activity. I am an entrepreneur and since the time I modeled in 3D (20 years now). I would like to devote myself full time on the project.
i want to take good care of the financing, that think
arctus
InconsolableCellist
Interkarma
LypyL
Nystul

As with funding, not only we can make a working pro, but in addition we can improve Daggerfall. Fill this empty nature otherwise improve the random quest of system, improve the equipment, crafts, etc .....
Me personally, 100% ok.
Daggerfall is the only game with a great environment, and the only one with such freedom, why not go even further while preserving the charm of the original?
Cristalnoir studio

Sirellyn

Post by Sirellyn »

Is there a place we can download version 1 or 2 of this while we wait? Excellent work btw!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This is freaken amazing. This will go beautifully with new hi detail buildings and other models, as artists begin updating everything.

How does this work with weather? Any chance you plan on improving the vanilla weather graphics? Curious, because I want to code an exposure survival system/mod after finish with combat.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.