Sun

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Cristalnoir

Sun

Post by Cristalnoir »

Hello everyone
I wanted pushed the mod in Daggerfall unity. I worked rendering sun and the colors, the stars and the clouds a little bit, here a little knowing that the result can be sunshafts improve. But I had a bug in unity.
Can not change textures. Yet in the editor, it works but not in the run.
Hate modder this superb project.

video HD
Cristalnoir studio

Interkarma

Re: Sun

Post by Interkarma »

Wow! Cristalnoir that is beautiful. :o The sun shafts are lovely, and did I see cloud shadows in there as well? Are you building on Lypyl's enhanced sky or is this a fresh implementation?

Adding this kind of work should become easier after 0.3 with Lypyl's awesome mod system. The project will gradually become more mod-friendly. I believe Lypyl is already working on splitting out his mod to a standalone bundle. Perhaps this is a track you can build on after 0.3, there's no reason users can't have multiple lovely skies to choose from.

In any case, I hope you keep working on it. I look forward to seeing more. :)

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Looks like his own project to my eyes from that video :D Either way, it's very nice!
Can you you try to explain what isn't working in build mode? What exactly isn't working in the standalone.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

nice! I like what I see!

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

and did I see cloud shadows in there as well?
yes there are shade cloud computing.
I repeat myself but sunshafts can be further improved, but I have a bug in unity that I can not solve. In another project, sunshafts are amazing.I would improve this little project, you will see
I'll take screenshots
Cristalnoir studio

Cristalnoir

Post by Cristalnoir »

final effect
Cristalnoir studio

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

Can you do water effects as separate mod? :D
Also it will be nice if here on dfworkshop create a something like nexus mods but for DU

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Cristalnoir wrote:final effect
Whoa! That is some amazing work! I have almost zero artistic capability, and it's overwhelming to see what someone with such skills and talent can do to pump up the old assets. I'd love to see more if you ever make the time to do so. Big thumbs up! :)
Biboran wrote:Can you do water effects as separate mod? :D
Also it will be nice if here on dfworkshop create a something like nexus mods but for DU
Lypyl and I have discussed hosting mods on the Workshop and will definitely make this happen once they start rolling in. I'm very keen to see what people can make with the new mod system once it drops. I think this is just as important as the gameplay features overall.

Arl

Post by Arl »

This is outstanding Cristalnoir, I can't put in word how good and exiting this looks to me.
My Deviantart page, I have some Daggerfall stuff in there.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

Fantastic all around!