Splat Terrain Texturing

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
TheLacus

Re: High Resolution Terrain Textures/Splat Terrain Texturing

Post by TheLacus »

Thanks Nystul, i played a bit with the new version of your mod and it looks great. I'll see what i can do about the topics you raised. :)
Mod System documentation - Learn how to create mods for Daggerfall Unity.
Modder Discussion - General help and discussion for the mod system.
Github Issues - Submit a bug report for the game, including the mod system.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Next thing I want to fix is terrain transition of distant terrain mod with your mod, see the issue:

update:
ok easy fix is to just not try to blend textures for terrains of the terrain transition ring ;)
nevertheless it would be cool if I somehow could blend from your shader's shading to the distant terrain shader - too bad that there is no list of materials for terrain objects like there is for meshrenderers - then it would be easy - maybe another terrain layer could be used for this but I fear one would still have to modify the splat terrain texturing shader, but I had hoped to get away without injecting a modified shader variant...

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

:D

TheLacus

Re: Splat Terrain Texturing

Post by TheLacus »

It's been a while since the latest update, but i finally managed to spend some time on this and release a new version. There is only a big change, which is the support for water reflection using any of the following:
  • Screen Space Reflections: this effect can be enabled directly by this mod, or using other mods like Post Processing Effects. In that case make sure to pick Quality: Custom if you don't want to override its quality settings.
  • Realtime Reflections: you still need to enable reflections from Splat Terrain Texturing because it uses a non-reflective material if disabled. Use Quality: Custom to disable SSR.
As suggested by Nystul, the rain wet effect is somewhat lighter on materials other than roads. In any case be warned that this one combined with reflection can have a big effect on performance when is raining. :D

You can download the new version from Nexus Mods and use it with the preview build 0.10.26 of Daggerfall Unity. It doesn't work on 0.10.24 or older.

pango

Post by pango »

Thank you both!
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Everytime the sun changes position with this mod on there was a lag Spike.
It doesn't crash it's just a bit of a lag Spike
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

I'm not sure what to do with water in winter... should it be water or ice? i'm going with frozen pond for now.

winter_comp.jpg
winter_comp.jpg (945.24 KiB) Viewed 205 times
winter_retro.jpg
winter_retro.jpg (328.88 KiB) Viewed 205 times
winter_snow.jpg
winter_snow.jpg (185.77 KiB) Viewed 200 times
Midknightprince wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 9:19 pm Everytime the sun changes position with this mod on there was a lag Spike.
It doesn't crash it's just a bit of a lag Spike
Can you try to toggle reflections or change reflection type and see if it makes any difference?

Midknightprince

It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Use those water pictures they look awesome you sink in the water it's supposed to look like that even in winter...

Just my two cents you know best.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 am It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Use those water pictures they look awesome you sink in the water it's supposed to look like that even in winter...

Thanks for feedback!
In addition to Nystul's mod, another kind of reflections is enabled by default, but you probably already disabled them.

Midknightprince

TheLacus wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 am It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Thanks for feedback!
In addition to Nystul's mod, another kind of reflections is enabled by default, but you probably already disabled them.
What default reflections?
I've got post-processing effects but yes that was turned off..
There is some kind of reflectiveness still going on with those textures you can see it when the sun's close to the ground so it's doing something, I got The Shining ground part turned on maybe that's it, when it rains and stuff?
Looks nice man, I don't even mind the bump I just figured maybe if you knew and somebody with a piece of crap set up like mine says there's a bump you would know something I guess..

You guys with your awesome PCs: I'm going to catch up to you dudes just you wait...