[Quests] Black Horse Courier, Iliac Bay Edition (WIP, current version: 0.5)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
haloterm

Re: [Quests] Black Horse Courier, Iliac Bay Edition (WIP, current version: 0.1)

Post by haloterm »

BadLuckBurt wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:01 pm
haloterm wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:47 pm He did not exist in the game, but lore-wise I prefer to see the Elder Scrolls franchise as a whole. So even if not shown, he exits, like lots of other things not shown in the game but existing in the fictional universe.

In the later versions of The Real Barenziah (the extended one), it is even suspected that he had an affair with Barenziah.

Anyway, I will change it to Eight, to keep peace
He does not exist until the Warp in the West happens, only after that did he always exist.
Yes. And for me, he even exists while I play the game, since I, as playing outlander (haha), visit the game after we learned about the WitW. But again, I will change the texts, so nobody gets hurt,

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'd say it isn't a matter of keeping the peace; you're the first modder to introduce post-Daggerfall content into Daggerfall AFAIK so we're just making clear that some people might find it odd. We have no way of knowing, though :) You can leave them in and time will tell.

I made it to the end of the main quest line thus far (I think?) and I've taken the bank quest, 000A. It led me to a tavern-city where I'm told the husband would be, but no one's in any of the buildings. A timer is running with 40 days remaining on my debugger but I don't see anything else happening.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:11 pm I made it to the end of the main quest line thus far (I think?) and I've taken the bank quest, 000A. It led me to a tavern-city where I'm told the husband would be, but no one's in any of the buildings. A timer is running with 40 days remaining on my debugger but I don't see anything else happening.
The current end of the main quest is when you get the "rank" (sort of) "freelance reporter". This does happen x days after you found the evidence in 003. The x days is the time it takes for you character to write the article and publish it in the BHC; a message is shown then.

000A: Don't you get a pop up when entering the village? (technically, the popup is shown by 000 when you enter the correct village. It then start 000A, which brings another popup)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I got the popup when entering the village, but it just told me to look for the husband. I don't have more guidance than that.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Also, it looks like you're missing an underscore or two in the end of the second paragraph:

"lands. What brings you to , Testman?"

I haven't looked at your script but that usually means you didn't add enough underscores to the place variable.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Jay_H wrote: Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:23 am Also, it looks like you're missing an underscore or two in the end of the second paragraph:

"lands. What brings you to , Testman?"

I haven't looked at your script but that usually means you didn't add enough underscores to the place variable.
Good find, will fix that.

When you click away this popup (which is still part of quest 000), quest 000A is started and the next popup should show immediately. If it does not show, quest 000A does not even start, which would be a bug (which I did not encounter). The popup you get at beginning of 000A tells you to visit a hovel where the missing wife of the husband went suddenly.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 9:30 pm I got the popup when entering the village, but it just told me to look for the husband. I don't have more guidance than that.
I tried again to reproduce this, but I can't. I get both popups every time. Is MDBHC000A running and what does the quest debugger say?

haloterm

Re: [Quests] Black Horse Courier, Iliac Bay Edition (WIP, current version: 0.2)

Post by haloterm »

First post updated with new version.

Changelog:

0.2 (12.02.2020)
- MDBHC000: fixed manor name not showing in intro that leads to MDBHC000A
- MDBHC001: fixed that clicking cleric after victory gave editor's victoy text again
- MDBHC002B: added message at quest end about the prophet who preaches at noon in Daggerfall
- eradicated Talos from the pantheon, by 4th era Thalmor decree
- fixed a few typos and minor improvements to formatting of a few texts

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Updated the first post for more clarity; also added a zipped PDF with walkthrough and index of BHC issues.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Just want to bump this a bit :) since I have started to continue work on the quest.

Next update will add four new BHC issues and will continue our reporter's quest, leading him to Leinlyn :) That will also be the time when I will upload the quest to NexusMods as well.