Combat Overhaul Github Drop

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Combat Overhaul Github Drop

Post by l3lessed »

Here is my Github for all the work I have been doing. For those interested in a sneak peak, you can download this, add it as a unity project, and then launch it in the editor or compile it as a stand alone game to mess around with.

Because I was lazy and dumb, and I didn't start a github right away, this does not show tracked changes from the base file. It will only show changes from this point forward.

Of course, all code changes have required a good amount of my time. Please respect all coders work, and do not steal code from my script files without permissions first.

Here is my most recent stable forked release:
https://github.com/l3lessed/daggerfall-unity
Last edited by l3lessed on Fri May 15, 2020 10:06 pm, edited 4 times in total.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Ommamar

Re: Combat Overhaul Github Drop

Post by Ommamar »

D
Last edited by Ommamar on Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Oh my, it was set to private.

It should be public and accessible now.

Well, I needed to clean up some animation stuff from a formula update I did anyways. Melee animations are smoother than before.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

i assumed that you were doing this with a code fork and not just a straight copy. How can people see what version of DFU this is based on for other mods being compatible etc? Also how are you intending to keep this up to date with DFU core changes?

Personally I wanted to do a compare on github across forks to see what you had to change and see if there was any way to enable your changes as a dfmod, but I can't do that unfortunately.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

The current DFU build is listed with in the title and on the combat overhaul thread. Its 10.21.

I'll change it into its own fork. But yes, I put it up as a whole new version because that is how it is being developed currently.

Yes, this will be updated with the base engine. It only touches a handful of script files, and in the long run, I'm going to try to move as much of it out of the base script files as I can.

This is just a drop for the hardcore players and developers on this forum. This is in no way considered an official release of any type.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay that makes sense. It's a journey.. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Here is the forked version:
https://github.com/l3lessed/daggerfall-unity

I'm going to keep both versions. I'll do continual work and updates on the forked version, and then move it over to the full version when large stable code changes are done, tested, and committed.

Outside the weaponmanager and FPSWeapon scripts, most other changes are pretty basic.

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

Is there no way to test this without having to register for a unity license? Like, maybe a clone copy of DFunity with the test files i can just download? compiling code seems like quite a process.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This. Im not able to run it, no idea how, Im sorry :) Id like to test it with my remade weapons, please ;)