3D People of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hrafnyx

Re: 3D People of Daggerfall

Post by Hrafnyx »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:57 pm Wow! That's amazing quality work. You've been completely faithful to the original. With the extra detail and resolution the costume looks even more improbable now to my eyes, I mean clothes are not that expensive in Daggerfall... :lol:

Honestly it's much better quality than I expected to see. Are you a professional modeler?
I like all these ridiculous and sexy outfits. They just add some style to the games of nineties.

Not professional at all. Just a hobbyist. I've been learning 3D modeling for less than two years. Why it looks better, than you expect from a thing made by an amateur? Well, my lifetime hobby is drawing. Although I'm far from being professional 2D artist either, it helps a bit.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hrafni wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 5:09 pm
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:57 pm Wow! That's amazing quality work. You've been completely faithful to the original. With the extra detail and resolution the costume looks even more improbable now to my eyes, I mean clothes are not that expensive in Daggerfall... :lol:

Honestly it's much better quality than I expected to see. Are you a professional modeler?
Why it looks better, than you expect from a thing made by an amateur? Well, my lifetime hobby is drawing. Although I'm far from being professional 2D artist either, it helps a bit.
I've seen some attempts before and your efforts are significantly better to my laymans eyes. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Azteca

Post by Azteca »

Excellent job! I was especially pleased to see how smooth and "right" the bow animation was.

I 100% support Hrafni's choice to emulate the original as much as possible. The beauty of 3D models is that, if people wanted to, they could later design alternate outfits for those who find some of the outfits a little ridiculous, or wish to bring it more in line with Morrowind. Not that Hrafni (or anyone else) needs to worry about this now.

I can't wait to see how that Nightblade looks with proper lighting effects in a dungeon :shock: :o

Hrafni, know that we don't wish to rush you. Work on it however makes sense for you. But you have really nailed the style, and any further contributions would be greatly valued. Thanks.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Our boy TheLacus is back at it again!

Looks like he's been chipping away at implementing 3D enemies over the last month or so. Once he gets this refined, I should be able to implement your model into the game pretty easily, if you don't mind sharing the FBX file.

No rush.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 5:48 pm Our boy TheLacus is back at it again!

Looks like he's been chipping away at implementing 3D enemies over the last month or so. Once he gets this refined, I should be able to implement your model into the game pretty easily, if you don't mind sharing the FBX file.

No rush.
I don't mind. You're welcome

BTW This model will be very likely fixed several times though, as I'm not an experienced artist and I will want to change this and that while upgrading my skills.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

Dealing with work in progress is no problem to me. :)

I mostly just want to go ahead and get started on setting up the animator controller in Unity and uncover any export/import problems we may need to get ironed out early on. I may also see about assigning an LOD group so the model transitions into the vanilla billboard sprite at a distance. We can add medium and low poly variants in between later on if needed.

ForAllDankind

Post by ForAllDankind »

Hrafni wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 8:05 pm BTW This model will be very likely fixed several times though, as I'm not an experienced artist and I will want to change this and that while upgrading my skills.
I've been doing (2d) graphic design on and off for 20 years and to this day when I complete something I still think "yeah, but little detail [x] could be better...". Like, every time.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Same :) Than I usually keep working on those details tho, just to satisfy my OCD, I doubt anyone will ever notice those

The Marshall666

Post by The Marshall666 »

That model looks way better than the ones in the Duke Nukem 3D high resolution pack. Keep it up.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

MasonFace wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:33 pm Dealing with work in progress is no problem to me. :)

I mostly just want to go ahead and get started on setting up the animator controller in Unity and uncover any export/import problems we may need to get ironed out early on. I may also see about assigning an LOD group so the model transitions into the vanilla billboard sprite at a distance. We can add medium and low poly variants in between later on if needed.
Sweet, can't wait to see it setup. Glad to see someone is on this. Can I ask, the 3d model importing, will that also be able to be hooked up to the fpsweapon script to get in 3d weapon models and animations? I'm just thinking of my work in this area and further down the line.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.