3D People of Daggerfall

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
VMblast

Re: 3D People of Daggerfall

Post by VMblast »

Good stuff! 👍

But it takes a looooooong time to make 3D models. I mean, that is the nature of the process unfortunately.

MasonFace

Post by MasonFace »

VMblast wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:50 am But it takes a looooooong time to make 3D models. I mean, that is the nature of the process unfortunately.
Didn't you watch the video? He did all that in just 7 minutes and 30 seconds! (kidding, of course) :lol:

But seriously, great job Hrafni. I admire your talent, and especially your ability to maintain the classic Daggerfall aesthetic.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

I think that it will take two weeks to make 1 set of clothing and haircut for now (mesh, materials, animations, LODs). Yes, it's extremely slow. But I'm just one man with a regular job and not as much free time. And I'm not very experienced in modeling.

There are 13 male citizen models (including guard) and 12 female models. This is one year of modeling. Nevertheless I hope, it will be faster, as all of them share same animations, base meshes and similar clothing. You have to be patient. At list it's free, eh? =)

BTW the guard is the hardest character to model and animate. I was close to go postal when making an axe swing animation because of extreme joint bending and pauldron geometry. I even asked my reenactor acquaintance to swing an axe for the animation reference. I've managed to do it right at last. Soon you'll have this model, I hope.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

Dude, you're doing great work. Don't feel like we're making any demands of you or saying "Hurry up!" or anything. It's done when it's done, and we'll look forward to that day, however long it takes.

ebbpp

Post by ebbpp »

Models in Daggerfall, that would be huge. Nice thief mage, can we have it into the game already? Or are you planning to finish all models first? Great work, certainly looking forward for this.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

ebbpp wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:15 pm Models in Daggerfall, that would be huge. Nice thief mage, can we have it into the game already? Or are you planning to finish all models first? Great work, certainly looking forward for this.
There are some issues with using 3d models for enemies as far as I know. So now I'm modeling town NPCs. I'm planning to give each model away as soon as I finish it.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Can't wait to see. What are the issues, if you don't mind sharing?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Allerka

Post by Allerka »

l3lessed wrote: Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:49 am Can't wait to see. What are the issues, if you don't mind sharing?
I believe there was some talk elsewhere in this thread (or maybe another thread) that switching from billboards to fully 3D enemies would require some tweaking to hit detection, animation control, and all that jazz. I don't recall how far along the process was.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Ah, makes sense from what I was seeing in the coding. The stuff I have worked on in weaponManager and FPSWeapon script and some mods, I found allot of scripts and objects tied to animation states. For the player its their fpsweapon states. For the enemy, its their enemyattack animation state.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Hrafnyx

Post by Hrafnyx »

Hi to all! I have a question concerning rig in Unity. I want to animate pauldrons of my guard mesh with a separate rig which will be parrented to the main rig. Will it be convenient to implement it in Unity?