New WorldData locations [v0.296]

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
herman2000

New WorldData locations [v0.296]

Post by herman2000 »

So. It seems like my experiments with WorldData are paying off, thanks to the tireless, amazing efforts of BadLuckBurt and especially Hazelnut. Presenting, new locations for the Iliac Bay! (so far, only one city).

Camlorn, Jewel of the West, greets thee weary traveler and bids thee welcome to our City-State...

(Screenshots taken with DREAM mod installed, showing a pre-release version that was cleaned up a little)
Spoiler!
A new piece of World Data, bringing in the city that was present in High Rock both in Arena and ESO. There may be a little surprise for you in the north western corner.
Get it here!
To install, put this json-file into the StreamingAssets/WorldData folder of your DFU installation. To uninstall, just delete the file.
Camlorn is located in Ykalon as the closest approximation of its position in lore I was able to manage.

EDIT:
I made a new location and decided to upload the whole thing to Nexusmods.
Last edited by herman2000 on Mon May 18, 2020 8:07 pm, edited 6 times in total.

l3lessed

Re: New WorldData locations

Post by l3lessed »

So great to see. Let me understand this correctly, these additions appear within the normal world and lod generation? We can add things anywhere we want within the world through their work/system?
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

herman2000

Post by herman2000 »

In theory, yes. In practice, you'd need at least a blank spot, I think - no telling what happens if you place a "new" location somewhere where there's already a location.
Hazelnut has made a rather grand tutorial on it. Additionally, our resident manic genius BadLuckBurt has provided a work-in-progress visual tool for world data modification on his github - although a manual touch may still be needed (such as when I added in the special bit in the northwest of Camlorn).

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

One thing I felt was always under used in the original was the vast open wilderness spaces. It would be nifty to be able to place locations on the fly in world locations.

My thinking, could you create a mod/script that setups up locations and other things for players to discover and interact with while wondering the massive wilderness areas.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

herman2000

Post by herman2000 »

I'm sure someone could do it. Certainly not my field of expertise. I just move data structures. Others make them dance.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

l3lessed wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:11 pm One thing I felt was always under used in the original was the vast open wilderness spaces. It would be nifty to be able to place locations on the fly in world locations.

My thinking, could you create a mod/script that setups up locations and other things for players to discover and interact with while wondering the massive wilderness areas.
Kamer is working on doing that kind of thing already I believe.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

herman2000

Post by herman2000 »

Just to note, I updated the mod on the nexus a little. We're at arbitrary version 0.19 now.

Present locations include:
  • Camlorn (city-state in Ykalon)
  • Mines of Khuras (dungeon in Dwynnen)
  • Dragonstar (city-state in Dragontail Mountains)
  • Stonekeep (dungeon in Dak'fron)
  • Cloud Spring (town in the Wrothgarian Mountains)
  • Black Wastes (village in Gavaudon)
  • Dunkarn Haven (village in Gavaudon)
Additionally, I gave all nameable buildings new NameSeeds.