Shield Module Expansion Pack Example

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Shield Module Expansion Pack Example

Post by l3lessed »

I have an idea to add some more roleplaying and lore into the game, now that there are workable shields. It also would work as an example expansion pack for other developers, who may be interested in building off of my shield module.

I thought, we can now put in unique Daedric Shields into the game, specifically Spellbreaker is the one I'm thinking of. Or if I'm off on my lore timeline for this item, some type alternative.

Creating the script would be pretty easy.

However, I've never made quests and am not interested in learning it at this moment or writing all the quest dialogue and lines and so on.

If I create the item, script, and packaged mod, would anyone be interested in writing the quest line for the item?

There is no time frame or priority for this. This is a fun side support project for my shield module.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Re: Shield Module Expansion Pack Example

Post by l3lessed »

Well, that was easy with the Shield Module setup for script connecting.

Created quick custom shield item, added it on script start, did a quick bool check to see if player is blocking with custom Spellbreaker shield, and if so, max out resistance values to simulate a powerful ward/spell resistance magic. Reset resistances to default when done blocking.

Now, I just need a custom simple sprite to mimic the look of a ward spell to signal the activation of Spellbreaker, and at that point the first daedric unique shield will be in the game.

I also plan to do a simple pass and create a custom shield sprite for it, even if it is merely tenting the kite shield sprite a more bronze/yellowish dwemer metallic color.

Still looking for someone interested in writing a quest line for obtaining this artifact.

l3lessed

Re: Shield Module Expansion Pack Example

Post by l3lessed »

Spent an hour or two messing around with this. Full magic resist with ward sprite to signify activation of magic resistance/ward in place. The video still had a bug in it that let poison magic get through. If you notice me being damaged by the imp, that is why.

Looky what I have, a very rudimentary, ugly Spellbreaker, but it's in the game now as an item. :o

From here, it is just improving the sprite quality and look, adding some resizing, offsetting animations to make it look like the ward is growing and moving/active in some way, and ward break animation for when you take a medium to high damage spell.

Now, if I can just get a poor soul to create the quest line for it.

Also, one last question, can I replace armor item inventory sprites using the custom item template creation and override? If so, how do you do this? Any examples? I want to use a custom inventory sprite for this shield.

*EDIT*

Made a few more improvements. Effect aligns with shield raise and has a breathing animation affect when raised/activated.