MODIFYING CUSTOM WEAPON PROPERTIES
- When installing the mod, you will find a WeaponProperties text file within the "streamingassets/mods/" folder, where the mod file is put.
- When you open this file, you will find all the weapon properties listed by their weaponID as the first item in the comma list on each line.
- From here start modifying the properties however you wish, and they will load on the fly anytime you equip a weapon. No need to relaunch the game. the text file is read dynamically on weapon equip once to ensure most up to date text file values are loaded into engine.
- Once done, save the file, and load or alt tab to the game and play with your custom weapons now.
- any dash symbol "-" put within the text line will mark that line as none usable comments and will ignore it. Use the "-" to add any custom comments about your changes, if you wish.
CURRENT WEAPON PROPERTIES TEXT VALUES
- Item/Weapon ID: This is used by the code to figure out which properties go to which weapon/item. I've already added the ids for all classic weapons. If you have any custom weapons from mods, you can add them using their itemtemplate id.
- Reach: The attack range of the weapon. This is a raw float value, with classic defaulting to 2.25f for all weapons.
- Unsheathed movement: How much the weapon slows you down when unsheathed in hand. This is a float value used to scale base values by percentage. use 1 for default 100% and change from there.
- Attack movement: How much the weapon slows your during attacks. This is a float value used to scale base values by percentage. use 1 for default 100% and change from there.
- Attack Speed: How fast or slow compared to classic speed the weapon attack is. This is a float value used to scale base values by percentage. use 1 for default 100% and change from there.
- Offhand Allowed: Can this weapon be equipped in the offhand? This is a float value being turned into an int/bool switch. This needs to be 0 for No the weapon not being equippable in the offhand and 1 for yes, it can be equipped in the offhand.
Again, merry Christmas everyone and happy holidays. Hope you enjoy the release, and please go crazy with the weapon properties and post you favorite setups for me and other users. Again, I'll compile the most used and build them into my public release as ready to go presets for players.