[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Mindpush1001

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by Mindpush1001 »

I mean like it changes in the controls because it’s weird figuring out if you are opening a door or trying to block

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

The controls are completely configurable. Why are you overlapping your alternate attack key with the default use key? Just reconfigure it, so it doesn't use Mouse1 in my mod or in the base game controls.
My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Mindpush1001

Post by Mindpush1001 »

Well what are your suggested mapping.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

I go with a Skyrim style setup. I set use/activate key to E, set main hand to mouse0 and offhand to mouse1. This also makes shield bashing easier, since the shield needs to be held up.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Did another pass on weapon arc casting, which included adding a setting for users to adjust how soon hit arc start casting in the attack animation and how soon it ends.

This ensures the weapon animation plays for a small amount of time before triggering hit objects and recoil animations. It also tightens up the arc radius by limiting where it starts and ends based on current animation time. Currently, this is set to .25 as the start point and .80 as the end point. This means the arc won't start casting until 25% into the animation and will stop casting at 80% of the animation being completed. I have found this seems to work best visually, alignment, and playability wise. It gives enough animation to look good while keeping the arc from spreading to large and hitting walls and random objects easily.

I still need to move/copy these code improvements to the offhand script, so the offhand has all the new animation features. At that point, this will be ahead of the stand alone combat overhaul fork by including all its features, plus improvements.

Then patches and release.