[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
smokync

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by smokync »

hmm maybe physical combat and armor overhaul

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/76

I'm going to do some testing with different mods and tell you the result

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Yes, that mod is not compatible with mine currently. You could try to use the shield module patch I provided for it, as the formula helper changes may still work in this mod. This mod was technically built off my shield module. I haven't done any game breaking changes to the formula helper while developing this mod, I believe :roll:.

https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

I am going to patch it, once I finish debugging this mod and before I do a public drop on Nexus.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Fixed not being able to attack villagers and guards. You can terrorize the citizens of Daggerfall all you want again. :twisted:

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

l3lessed wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 5:23 am Fixed not being able to attack villagers and guards. You can terrorize the citizens of Daggerfall all you want again. :twisted:
I came on here to say that, thank you man I'm getting hooked on this mod, and now hopefully I can hunt Innocents as a werewolf again..

A few things:
* yes dream handheld is incompatible it looks like, the Sprite for the right hand is just a blurry Square ( dream Sprites had some issues with NPCs rhat looked like this, it has to do with the memory limit on the old school Sprites: the new ones are too pretty so maybe that's what it is with this one).

* If you change the stats for a weapon (enchanting( have only tested melee so far)), or you level up and change your to hit chance or DPS Etc ( so anything that changes your speed or attack for a weapon you're using), you will start seeing two sets of each hand that that weapon is equipped on ( whether you take it off or not), it also messes up in Were form ( don't know about vampires don't care).
So every time I level or enchant something, or transform because I'm having a bad day ( hey it happens) I have to turn off the mod and restart it saving each time. <-- now if this fixes later on from just playing I haven't waited to see ( it seems like it did once though I just didn't stop and screw with it and it fixed I guess, I think that's what happened).

* Sometimes when I transform I only have my right hand, and if I mess with it changing hands and stuff it has broken ( so I don't do that), but just a heads up: check out the Beast form stuff maybe you'll see something.

**** I haven't found any weapons that don't work with it before you change the stats and stuff so that's all good.

* I don't like the physical attack stuff so I don't play with it: it's kind of annoying because in dungeons who end up hitting the walls most of the time, but I'm not complaining just my input I guess..

* Some ideas for the Sparks: I don't know if you could do a color coded Sparks based on what material weapon you're using, or just let us customize the colors in the settings, both I think are pretty cool ideas.

*** I dig the Perry mechanics man, that shit it super tight !
Every time this thing breaks I have to go through all that crap just to get it working again, so let me tell you man: it's good !
Dual wielding with a functioning and fun Perry mechanic in Daggerfall that actually hooks you up with the gameplay AND the kicking butt !?!? That's exactly what this thing does - $%&$ing amazing !

*******Don't break the Perry stuff man, it is right on, just see why animations start messing up, and I've already switched it around and everything same thing: something messes up when you change the stats and it seems to do it for everything your equiping - even barehanded.

So yeah I love it, I don't think I can play this game without it anymore so you better not break it, but if you do I'll just come on here and bitch about it so..... :Muwahahaha !!!

Now I got to get the new version where I can kill the civilians again after I just updated last night thank you very much !!

Dam you modders and your mods !!
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Midknightprince

One more quick thing before I forget : if you loot something dual wielding with your weapons out, you cannot put them away again until you swing your weapon ( you will push the equip key but your weapons are still on screen, until you actually swing them then you can put them away).
Looting dead bodies looting treasure piles ( presumably in shops too I haven't tried it), makes it act screwy..

Also this mod seems to disable the material requirements needed to hit some enemies: with this mod weilding an iron archers axe and an ebony dagger I can hit a vampire ancient with both ( they're supposed to be impervious to iron).
So you can dual-wield anything, and Perry Works no matter what material weapon you have equipped..
It's probably just because you have not done that yet and this is still a whip but AHHHHHH what sort of old-school Daggerfall player would I be if I didn't talk about consistency, and at my age that's what it's all about - so high fiber dude !
There you go buddy..
* hi- fiber
* be consistent
* this mod rules
* I'm gonna go play now
*$%&# the vampires
* WEREWOLVES !

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for the in-depth testing and the very kind words; it gives me tons of encouragement to see how far I can push this mod and the combat mechanics of the game.

I'll look into the material code. This shouldn't be happening, so I must not be updating materials right.

Those are some really critical bugs to smash, as they are game stopping. I'll have to look into how stat changes affect the rendering weapons; off the top of my head, it sounds like it has to completely refresh the render weapons to ensure stats update, and since I didn't anticipate this it keeps loading a new set of render hands on every update.

I'll look into the dream issue once mechanic bugs are fixed. Hopefully, it is just a memory issue, and if resolved, everything else will work again, and I won't have to recode the animation rect code.

The render issue with the right hand and Werebeast form, do you notice it tied to what stance your in (Left handed or right handed)? I'll dig into it more.

As for the particle system in general, yes, technically almost any part of the particle components can be turned into a publicly accessible variable. I would have to provide a setting for each gradient color point, since the particle system uses gradient colors to achieve its coloring effect. And yes, it could be tied to material type, and I'll think about putting it in at some point.

Midknightprince

With the Beast form I try not to switch around the hands that's when it messes up but as it is: when I transform only my right hand shows up, I think I remember them both show showing up a few days ago but today it was just the one right hand, didn't switch stance didn't switch right or left hands.
I went through the full day, reverted back to normal and dual wield was back..
I don't use dream handheld, and I don't think there's anything messing with the Beast form as far as mods, it's just this one and the attack animations..

Now role-play realism effects damage output based on condition of your weapons, it also changes its material properties for to hit chance if you have that option on..
So there could be some kind of conflict with roleplay realism, it's just all technicals code stuff I don't know what it's doing, I just know it changes stuff.

It sounds like you know what's up with the more than one weapon showing up at the same time thing so I'll just keep turning it off and turning it back on when I level and stuff I guess..
It still works: it's pretty cool taking on a keep full of Orcs from warm ashes and actually living using nothing but Mele & Perry, it really is something to behold..
And it's not some kind of lame boring mechanic either, it actually fits in really well with the gameplay, graphics match, it's super usefull and the clicking is nice and clicky..

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Yeah, the issue is role play and realism. It doesn't pull the offhand material for sure. It should pull the main hand material weapon, as I believe I have it update the fpsweapon material to try and keep some compatibility.

I'll put in a check to stop hand switching when no melee weapon is equipped.

This could technically also mess with the beast form transformation. If roleplay and realism is screwing with the weapon material system and doesn't allow my mod to update the weapon material for some reason, it could cause these issues.

Could you do this favor for me, disable R&R Mod, and play for a while or until the bug reappears again, so I now it isn't a conflict I need to patch between the mods.

Midknightprince

l3lessed wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 10:42 pm
Could you do this favor for me, disable R&R Mod, and play for a while or until the bug reappears again, so I now it isn't a conflict I need to patch between the mods.
K give me a bit, I'm going to get some Meed with my one dude and then I'll start a new game :)

Because: MEAD !

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Can't pass up a good mead.