[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Daniel87

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by Daniel87 »

Wow! Just wow! Do you have a recent Youtube-Video showcasing your mod features?
In Julianos we Trust.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for the excitement.

Not right now, but I can get one up some time today.

Next up, a quick patch for physical combat and armor mod, code refactoring, and last testing pass, and I think all original 1.0 features are completed.

I do want to add in particle blood mechanics and revamp enemyattack.cs so enemies are more complicated in battle, maybe add shields, directional attacks, and swing traces so you can see the direction of the enemy attack.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Also, if anyone is creating custom weaponProperty.txt files for their DFU builds, please share them here. I'm going to make a few presets myself based on peoples wanted play style, from uber realistic to super action, arcady feel.

The more people who mess with and share the weapon properties they are configuring for their build, the more options we all have.

Please mess with the weaponProperties.txt file and tune in your preferred weapon properties, and post them here. I'll compile them into my official release if you do.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

DREAM auto patcher is in next release. However, this made me notice the weapon bob needs to be customized for HD vs vanilla textures. The HD textures move slower than the vanilla ones with the same bob values, so the HD weapons need their own set of bob values, which is an easy fix.

Working on the Physical Armor/Combat overhaul patch, but I forgot, until the author makes changes I need, you will have to download the patch from him; It's also going to take a little extra time. I'm forced to rebuild my mod within his to get them to work properly because of how some things are working between the mods.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks a lot for making your mod DREAM compatible, I know its a lot of work :X

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

No problem. Working together is what tends to produce the best mods out there.

That being said, I have finished the autopatcher feature. The mod will now detect the two popular conflicting mods, Dream and Physical Combat & Armor Overhaul, and it will execute the needed code to ensure compatibility for both mods out of the box, no extra patches needed.

Are there any other mods needing added? I was going to add hardfall or add a hardfall mod setting (I think hardfall hasn't been updated for a long while, so it doesn't work with newer versions of DFU).

I think all I have left for 1.0 is code refactoring now, but with over 6000 lines of code between all the script files, this is going to be a little time. Thank goodness I comment the hell out of everything.

Once Physical Combat & Armor Overhaul has been updated with my recommended changes for my auto patcher, I will push the newest code.

KNOWN BUG
  • If you attack right after blocking, the weapon raise animation routine will conflict with the attack animation routine and cause bugged out attack animation. I will try to fix this before I push next update.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I took a quick look at this auto patcher and noticed you have a copy of the archery formula from my R&R mod, and I am confused as to why you need to do this? Could you explain please? I apologise if I'm missing something obvious here. I can't see anything different from the code in my mod except for the log line which is commented out. I have no problem with you copying the code, but if I change my mod then yours will be overriding with the old code and if it's not actually needed then that seems a bad thing to me.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Let me check this. It was probably a copy and paste issue when I was creating the patches from the differing formulas.

Thanks for looking into it.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed update with autopatcher and raycast bug fixes.

Make sure to download the newest version of Physical combat & Armor Overhaul to use with the autopatcher. Thanks again Magicon for adding my changes to your mod.

Hazel I'll check your issue out and push an update next.

Klutzy13

Post by Klutzy13 »

Heya! Im really sorry if this is the wrong place for this, or if its been asked and solved before, I havent been able to find anything on it. Everything seems to be working just fine, except for the shield. The shield arm pops up when I equip it, but doesnt raise when I use the off hand button. The sound still plays, but I dont think im getting any benefit, as even raising a shield I take constant damage.

Dual wielding seems to work perfectly fine, so im not sure why im having issues with the shield itself. Just to make sure it wasnt a compatibility issue, I made a second vanilla copy of daggerfall unity and had this mod as the only addition. Im currently playing on v0.11.7 beta, if that matters at all!

EDIT: I dont know what happened, but it seems to be completely broken now. Looking at my player-prev.log, I noticed a lot of "ArgumentException: Input Key named: B is unknown" for the ambidexterity mod. Ive been using Mouse2 for the shield, and B for the attack direction. Im unsure whats going on here!