[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by Midknightprince »

Okay so I'm level two and I did the werewolf, let me level to 3 before I make my final judgment but it looks like you're right..

I Took role play realism and roleplay realism items out that's it everything else is the way I play DFU ( nothing else that messes with weapons or attack speed/to hit %) and it hasn't acted funky once, even the werewolf works like you would think it would work with dual wielding, pretty sweet but the game is too easy without roleplay realism so I'm quitting at level three.
I'll do the werewolf and see what happens, Come Back and I guess that will be my confirmation, but so far that looks like what it is: something with roleplay realism like you said..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. I'll start working on patches for that and Physical Combat Overhaul, since it seems without those mods everything is working as should.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Midknightprince

Man this thing is fun when you can just play it and not have to reload every time something changes.

And the Beast form seems to work great , dual wielding and everything it was cool, it's just too easy without roleplay realism for me now, so I'll just keep doing what I'm doing till you fix it ( hopefully it can get fixed).
Rpg realism changes a lot of stuff, plus there's stuff with items.
I do not envy you, but hopefully it goes well ( it seems like a tricky thing and I know nothing of coding I just play the game).
Let me know when you've got a fix I will test the hell out of it :lol:

....no.... seriously....

Midknightprince

Okay I think I found a quick fix but it may only be temporary: just put the ambidextrous mod before role-play realism...

I got my skill up and was ready to level but I didn't sleep and animations messed up ( so it is when the skill is internally ready to level, this is when the animation start messing up) for the right hand, so before I completely disabled it I figured let's switch things up and I put this one before rpg realism, so I load it up and animations work right again, I leveled up and they still work right.

It may mess up again at which point I'll switch the load order again, and keep doing that until it doesn't work anymore or you get a patch hopefully, but it just means I may not have to disable this thing every time it breaks, and for people using RPG realism: hopefully this is a solution to the funkiest if it is there for you..

Maybe it's because you've updated the ambidextrous mod recently because I know I messed with the load order before and it still messed up, that's why I'm saying it may mess up again but hopefully not...

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Putting it before will ensure it overrides any of my changes. This may help to a degree but won't solve all your issues and well probably still cause some bugs.

This can be patched. I need some time to dl R&P mod and resetup it's script files to figure out what scripts need patched and overridden. But in next week or so.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

This is going to take a little time to untangle. At first look, R&R doesn't touch the only formula override my mod overrides, which is CalculateAttackDamage. I don't see any direct code changes that should be causing massive issues as a result. However, it touched so many different formulas and core parts of the game, it would make sense a bug would come in at some point.

So, I'm going to have to rebuild the R&R mod from the extracted files and do play testing to track down the exact code causing your errors. I'm positive the R&R code must be hitting the weaponmanager and fpsweapon script files for data, and since those are largely turned off and not used when my mod and melee weapons are equipped, it causes bugs.

For sure, let R&R load after my mods so it takes precedent. This will at least ensure all working parts of R&R take precedent.

One other thing you could to help me. There is a player.log in your C:\Users\mount\AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity directory. This will contain all hidden debug and error data that is dumped by the engine. If you hit a bug while playing with the two mods, stop, save, and upload the log for me. This will speed up tracking down where the issues are coming up.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, I found a bug that is actually in my mod. Can you see if this is the cause of your issues?

If you have a two handed weapon equipped, and then try to equip a shield without an equipable weapon in the other hand, it throws a null object error and stops the whole offhand script and rendering. I can resolve this issue by removing the shield and then reequipping the shield and weapon.

I'll keep playing with the two mods though to see if I can replicate your issues.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Pushed changes for null error bug fix.

Hopefully, this was the cause of all your headaches. Surprised no one else mentioned this sooner.

Midknightprince

l3lessed wrote: Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:00 pm Pushed changes for null error bug fix.

Hopefully, this was the cause of all your headaches. Surprised no one else mentioned this sooner.
Cool I'll check it.
I don't use shields but when I switch to a bow and try to go right hand to use mele it craps out and I see 2 hands, I'm thinking this is the same thing as what your talking about, if it isn't I'll test it with the new one anyways so good good.

I will report back within a fortnight...(actually not that long but still...it sounds pretty cool :D )

Midknightprince

The bow still breaks if you try to use offhand: you can get off one shot and then nothing works, to fix it I just equipped my melee weapons and switched it back then I could use the bow again, but going off hand brakes it/ melee seems to work fine, and it's loading before RPG realism just like you said, so I'm happy with it.

Before it didn't break like that it just showed two hands I could still hit stuff, but now nothing works if you switch hands you can't even switch back with the bow equipped, just the melee weapons - that's how it worked for me.

In general it seems to work fine though as long as you load it before RPG realism, and don't try to off hand with the bow, and I still have to go get a shield so give me a bit for that.....