[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for the kinds words. I have another treat for users to show. I spent 30 minutes setting up the first smooth animation code pass, and, taking the concept I created in Combat Overhaul to smooth those animations, it translated pretty well. There is an extra cut off frame at the beginning you can see, but everything else seems to largely work. So, animation smoothing should be in the next push. Then first version of the mod is ready for pub release I think.

I also decided, I will add shield properties into their own text file to allow users to customize their shields, past my default settings, however they wish.
My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

That up already ?
it looks sweet !
Also....I am playing with directional look attack & movement on...it's pretty amazing man, seriously !

And I'm happy to report that all the buggyness (will somebody see if buggyness is a word because spellcheck doesn't like it) has stopped for me at least.

I never thought it was possible, ambidex in Daggerfall, and it's actually fun, thanks man.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Feel free to modify the weapon property text file and provide some recommended settings.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Did you try and crank up the animation speed? I imagine with some blur effect, this would almost like like real!
Looks super sweet man!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

In a way yes. There was a change in how I coded the concept this time since I was able to build from scratch the fps render code.

In combat overhaul, I tied the frame movement/updates to frame ticks because of the way the numerator updated the render loop. This was required to ensure it rendered properly no matter fps.

In this one, I am able to tie the updates to a timer to get it separate from frames completely. This ensures smoother animations too. And, for it to work and look clean, I increased the frame update speeds. However, animation attacks times are the same, so it is a mere visual shift and doesn't affect mechanics.

Here's the second pass. Looking much better. No animation cut offs. The weapon actually increases in speed after the first frame render, more like real life.

From here, the fists need more attention and so does the dagger. The are the most complicated textures and thus animations to try and smooth out.

Daniel87

Post by Daniel87 »

Looks smooth!
Whats that Barbwire radio?! Hahaha. Didn't know there was artillery fire in DFU until I realized it's a radio hehe.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

That's the game Squad. Been playing it allot recently. It is slow enough at times, I code and do other things while I wait for respawn or team/command to give orders. If anyone plays on the forum, I'd be up for playing.

Still working on smoothing and debugging the animations, but I'm getting close to first release of smooth animations. I'm going back and redoing a few older rougher animations.

Like in Combat overhaul, it will only cover left, right, down, and up attacks; I may or may not add the diagonal attacks, just depends on what magic tricks I can concoct using math and matching differing weapon frames from all the available attack frame animations.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:20 am That's the game Squad. Been playing it allot recently. It is slow enough at times, I code and do other things while I wait for respawn or team/command to give orders. If anyone plays on the forum, I'd be up for playing.

Still working on smoothing and debugging the animations, but I'm getting close to first release of smooth animations. I'm going back and redoing a few older rougher animations.

Like in Combat overhaul, it will only cover left, right, down, and up attacks; I may or may not add the diagonal attacks, just depends on what magic tricks I can concoct using math and matching differing weapon frames from all the available attack frame animations.
Sweet, ill keep an Eye out
Check out my YouTube Channel!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Fixed drag attack.

Smooth animations, outside one werewolf attack, are done for first testing release. There will be more smoothing done after first test release in next week or so.