[MOD] Belwen and Brallion the Vampire Companions

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Bushed

Re: [MOD] Belwen the Vampire Companion

Post by Bushed »

I haven't play this mod yet,but it's cool :D

Knightwalker41

Re: [MOD] Belwen the Vampire Companion

Post by Knightwalker41 »

Bushed wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:43 am I haven't play this mod yet,but it's cool :D
Thanks :D I'm hoping my character writing is more towards 'True Blood' and not at all anywhere near 'Twilight' :s

Knightwalker41

Re: [MOD] Belwen and Brallion the Vampire Companions

Post by Knightwalker41 »

Update: Added a Male Vampire Companion called Brallion for a bit more choice for players.
Almost all of the Quests and Dialogue is the same as Belwen so you can choose either or run both.

Again, please yell out if any major issues.
20200822225240_1.jpg
20200822225240_1.jpg (228.21 KiB) Viewed 1579 times
20200822225259_1.jpg
20200822225259_1.jpg (263.96 KiB) Viewed 1579 times

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Damn, another companion so soon? That's amazing! I just started Belwen's quest, btw.
I love what you're doing with my scripts!
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Knightwalker41

Post by Knightwalker41 »

imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:29 pm Damn, another companion so soon? That's amazing! I just started Belwen's quest, btw.
Thank so much :) I didn't deviate too far from Ghaksha's quest format for my first try with Belwen and Brallion but the next 2 I'm planning will be a bit more unique as I continue to learn more about quest writing.

Brallion came about as I realised that now we can choose a gender of companion (by picking specific creatures), there's a new risk 99% of companion mods could be females only (Yes, it's a problem I created myself by going down this path to start with :P). So I'm going to aim to release companion mods with both genders covered for more choice for players. Players can install either of the questpacks or both if they want... Plus it only took an afternoon to change a few things and test it. Fingers crossed I didn't break anything D: ;)

imsobadatnicknames

Post by imsobadatnicknames »

Knightwalker41 wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 4:07 am
imsobadatnicknames wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 7:29 pm Damn, another companion so soon? That's amazing! I just started Belwen's quest, btw.
Thank so much :) I didn't deviate too far from Ghaksha's quest format for my first try with Belwen and Brallion but the next 2 I'm planning will be a bit more unique as I continue to learn more about quest writing.

Brallion came about as I realised that now we can choose a gender of companion (by picking specific creatures), there's a new risk 99% of companion mods could be females only (Yes, it's a problem I created myself by going down this path to start with :P). So I'm going to aim to release companion mods with both genders covered for more choice for players. Players can install either of the questpacks or both if they want... Plus it only took an afternoon to change a few things and test it. Fingers crossed I didn't break anything D: ;)
Covering both genders with each release is a great idea!
Also, since you're just starting to dip your toes into using the quest system, here are some ideas you could try to implement once you're ready to deviate a little more from my template:

-Maybe instead of asking you to kill someone, their starting quest could be rescuing a kidnapped relative, or searching for some life-saving medicine to give to a dying friend

-Maybe instead of sending you gifts, they occasionally send you the name of a random town or a map to a random dungeon and tell you to meet there (and maybe if you meet them there there's a special quest you can do or maybe some romatinc action)

-Maybe there's a second quest that triggers a few months/years after you originally helped them and completing it makes them start showing up more frequently or start sending different letters to reflect that your relationship has evolved.

-Maybe after you've leveled up to a certain point, new dialogue lines and letters are unlocked and start appearing alongside the old ones.

These are all ideas I know how to implement but I'm honestly kinda too burnt out to try to implement into a new companion mod for the time being, but if any of them catches your eye you can ask me and I'd be more than happy to guide you :p
Released mods: https://www.nexusmods.com/users/5141135 ... files&BH=0
Daggerfall isn't the only ridiculously intrincate fantasy world simulator with the initials DF that I make mods for: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177071.0

Knightwalker41

Post by Knightwalker41 »

Thanks for the ideas :)

Timely as just finished a rough story draft for the next companion/s and will probably need the help of a master trainer to put it together ;) I don't want to spoil the quest story, is it ok if I ask you questions over Private Message?

Knightwalker41

Post by Knightwalker41 »

Oh and while I wait for your reply for that one, just working on another quick mod using your Companion Framework.

One word: Pets

:O :O :O :O

;)

Bushed

Post by Bushed »

the tarven she spawn is completely random?I don't know,I tried several times but no prompt(I typed I startquest BW000 on console

Knightwalker41

Post by Knightwalker41 »

Bushed wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 1:45 pm the tarven she spawn is completely random?I don't know,I tried several times but no prompt(I typed I startquest BW000 on console
It is random and changes whenever you enter a new town. You'll know when it's the right Tavern you're in as you'll hear the Daggerfall vampire background noises (and you'll be unable to rest at that Tavern due to DF treating Companions as Enemies).
When playtesting I travelled through about 7 towns and 11 taverns before she appeared at one.

When entering startquest BW000 the console should give you a return message saying it's starting "Belwen Master". If you're not sure the quest is running you can use DFU's shift+tab to bring up the quest debugger and the "[" or "]" to scroll through the quests to make sure it's there.

On appearing at a new city you could also try startquest BW001 in the console and that should make Belwen appear at a tavern in that very city (if it has one).

Let me know how you go :)

Edit: Always be careful with using "startquest" in the console as DFU will allow multiple instances of the same quests to run.