(Vibrant) Terrain Flats

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jman0war

Re: Terrain Flats

Post by jman0war »

It's the 510_5 tree, with snow added.
I see now that the 511SnowMnts equivalent is not exactly the same tree (see the 'ball' on top).
The 510 Mountain set and 511 Snow Mountain set are not all the same trees, but most of them are.

Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

updated the #5 tree on the previous page.

I can see now that they did some violence to the original with a mean eraser.
And i'm probably going to have to do something similar if i have to fit my tree into the scaled up original dimensions.
Will have to revisit this one i think.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I see u have added that stem on the top of the tree, my OCD is finally satisfied now, thanks :lol:

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

511_10 Snow Mountains

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Still loving how clean these look, and smack in the right style. Looking forward to seeing these in a mod someday. :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

These new flats seem identical in style and format to the vanilla flats, but just clearer and "better". Therefore, would it be possible to include them in DFU as a standard graphics option (as I think is still being done e.g. with the "distant terrain" and "realtime reflections" tweaks by Nystul, and possibly the "tall grass" and "flying birds" tweaks by Uncanny Valley (who hasn't been active on the site for months)?) rather than as a separate mod? Either way, I'm also really looking forward to seeing these in game - great work!

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

Interkarma wrote:Still loving how clean these look, and smack in the right style. Looking forward to seeing these in a mod someday. :)
Thanks, it's no rush on getting them working in game. There are plenty of trees to paint.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

just fyi, the far terrain and reflections mod will eventually become seperate mods as well (unless I encounter unsolvable problems when converting)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Nystul wrote:just fyi, the far terrain and reflections mod will eventually become seperate mods as well (unless I encounter unsolvable problems when converting)
Nice! Those will also be must-haves for me (and probably practically everyone).

This is a bit off-topic, but more generally with the recent removal of mods from the default DFU options, I'm concerned some existing completed mods might get lost if the mod author is no longer around to convert them into separate packages. This may only affect Uncanny Valley's "tall grass" and "flying birds" mods, since Nystul is working to convert his, and the others by LypyL and TheLacus are already converted, but it would be a shame to lose any finished content.

LypyL

Post by LypyL »

We're going to eventually use moddb or the nexus for hosting mods. The potential for modders vanishing is one reason why it's better to make mods separate rather than built directly into daggerfall unity.