(Vibrant) Terrain Flats

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
jman0war

Re: Terrain Flats

Post by jman0war »

504_12

Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

ifkopifko

Post by ifkopifko »

Actually, I think I'll stick with that vanilla tree. :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hahha but wow man, now everything starts to slot together. This is the tree from page 7, where it was in a winter season, it was actually just a trunk covered in snow. This one is from summer/spring I guess with a fully grown treetop and nice detailed grass at the roots! Hats off man! PS: You do enjoy drawing nature more than faces/characters, dont you?

Biboran

Post by Biboran »

King of Worms wrote:Hahha but wow man, now everything starts to slot together. This is the tree from page 7, where it was in a winter season, it was actually just a trunk covered in snow. This one is from summer/spring I guess with a fully grown treetop and nice detailed grass at the roots! Hats off man! PS: You do enjoy drawing nature more than faces/characters, dont you?
He is good artist and he may draw what he want
But I like how he finish stuff that need be finished first, not drop on half way.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I agree 100% in all points, my PS was not to imply anything, sorry if it sounded otherwise, it was a genuine question.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

King of Worms wrote:Hahha but wow man, now everything starts to slot together. This is the tree from page 7, where it was in a winter season, it was actually just a trunk covered in snow. This one is from summer/spring I guess with a fully grown treetop and nice detailed grass at the roots! Hats off man! PS: You do enjoy drawing nature more than faces/characters, dont you?
Not really sure about that.
I enjoy the tree trunks yet, but not so much the foliage.

My plan is to finish this set, also the winter ones.
Then maybe take a break from trees and do another NPC.
So stay tuned.
Find my Vibrant Terrain Flats mod at Nexusmods: https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

Hicks233

Post by Hicks233 »

A question and thanks.

Really great work! I remember spending more time than I'd care to admit tinkering with textures for Morrowind years ago so the amount of time and effort you're putting into this deserves thanks.

I'm a bit puzzled about how to actually have these display in game though. Do they need to be unpacked into the "Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" folder or is there somewhere else they need to go? I've tried putting them in a variety of locations, un/packed but haven't been able to get them to display in game. Instructions would be great.

With thanks.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Hicks233 wrote: I'm a bit puzzled about how to actually have these display in game though. Do they need to be unpacked into the "Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" folder or is there somewhere else they need to go? I've tried putting them in a variety of locations, un/packed but haven't been able to get them to display in game. Instructions would be great.
yeah just put them in this folder, but also make sure the filename is according to the convention for replacing textures, see: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=427

Hicks233

Post by Hicks233 »

Nystul wrote:
Hicks233 wrote: I'm a bit puzzled about how to actually have these display in game though. Do they need to be unpacked into the "Daggerfall Unity\DaggerfallUnity_Data\StreamingAssets\Textures" folder or is there somewhere else they need to go? I've tried putting them in a variety of locations, un/packed but haven't been able to get them to display in game. Instructions would be great.
yeah just put them in this folder, but also make sure the filename is according to the convention for replacing textures, see: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=427
I've got the files unpacked (loose) in the textures directory and the names seem to match the archives when I check with "Daggerfall Imaging 2" e.g. "506_1-0"(.png). Support for replacement textures is enabled in the launch menu but I'm still not able to get them to display in game. I've tried unpacking them as a folder from the zip archive as well with no luck. Are there any .ini tweaks that I need to have done?

I'm using the Fighters #76 24-Jul-17 release.

Thanks in advance.

jman0war

Post by jman0war »

It's ok the terrain flats are not fully modable as yet.
You can only get the trees that are within town tiles to display.
And even at that i get a crash to desktop pretty regularly and sometimes the trees just refuse to display.

But i don't think that's a good enough reason to deter the effort of making them.
Someday they will be in the game, just maybe not yet.